Ch 14- The Dream Killer

Hadrian awoke in a strange, shadowy landscape. The ground beneath him was cold and hard, and an eerie fog clung to the air. He looked around, bewildered by the unfamiliar surroundings. This place was unlike anything he had ever seen or imagined.

Dark, twisted trees loomed around him, their gnarled branches reaching out like skeletal hands. The sky above was an inky black, dotted with blood-red stars that provided little illumination. He took a hesitant step forward, the sound of his footsteps echoing eerily in the silence.As he moved deeper into this strange world, he heard faint whispers, like the distant murmur of a thousand voices. The whispers seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere at once, filling him with a sense of unease. Despite his fear, he felt compelled to follow the sound.

Eventually, Hadrian came to a clearing. In the center stood a large, decrepit building that seemed to pulse with a malevolent energy. The whispers grew louder as he approached, urging him forward. He steeled himself and pushed open the heavy, rotting door.Inside, the air was thick with the stench of decay. The walls were lined with flickering torches, casting long, wavering shadows that danced across the room. Hadrian's heart pounded in his chest as he ventured further into the building.

In the distance, he saw a group of hooded figures gathered around a large stone table. As he crept closer, he realized they were watching something intently. He inched forward, staying hidden in the shadows.

A man lay bound on the table, his face contorted in agony. One of the hooded figures stood over him, holding a wickedly sharp blade. The figure muttered incantations under their breath, and with a swift motion, plunged the knife into the man's chest. Hadrian stifled a gasp as blood spurted from the wound, pooling on the table and dripping onto the floor.

The figure withdrew the knife and began to search the corpse. After a few moments, they pulled out a crumpled piece of parchment from the man's robes. The figure held it up triumphantly, and the others around the table murmured in approval.

Hadrian's heart raced as he watched, a mixture of fear and fascination rooting him to the spot. The hooded figure unrolled the parchment and began to read it aloud. The words were in a language Hadrian couldn't understand, but the tone was filled with dark intent.As the figure read, the room seemed to grow darker, the shadows lengthening and twisting. Hadrian felt a chill run down his spine. He knew he was witnessing something terrible, something he wasn't meant to see.

The group of hooded figures continued to watch, their faces obscured by their hoods. Hadrian noticed that one of them was different from the others. This figure stood slightly apart, their hood pulled lower over their face. There was an air of authority about them, and the others seemed to defer to them.

Hadrian strained to see more, but the darkness made it difficult. He took a cautious step closer, hoping to catch a glimpse of the mysterious figure's face. Just then, the figure paused in their reading and turned, their gaze sweeping the room.

Hadrian froze, his breath catching in his throat. For a moment, he thought he had been seen. But the figure's gaze moved on, and Hadrian breathed a sigh of relief. He knew he had to get out of there, but his curiosity held him in place.

Suddenly, the figure who had been reading the parchment looked up, their eyes locking onto Hadrian's hiding spot. Hadrian's blood ran cold. It was as if the figure could see him, even through the shadows.

Without warning, the figure threw the knife, the blade gleaming as it flew through the air. Hadrian barely had time to react. He dodged to the side, but the knife grazed his arm, leaving a burning pain in its wake. He stumbled, clutching his arm, and felt himself falling.The world around him blurred, and darkness closed in. The last thing he saw was the hooded figure, their eyes glowing with a sinister light. As the shadows engulfed him, Hadrian felt a sense of overwhelming dread. Then, everything went black.

Hadrian awoke with a start, his heart pounding in his chest. He was back in his bed, drenched in sweat. The memory of the dream lingered, vivid and terrifying. He looked at his arm, expecting to see a wound, but there was nothing there.

He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. It had just been a dream, he told himself. But deep down, he couldn't shake the feeling that it had been something more. The dark figure, the parchment, the knife—it all felt too real.

He lay back down, staring at the ceiling. Sleep was impossible now. He couldn't stop thinking about the dream, and the sense of impending doom it had left him with. What did it all mean? And who was the hooded figure who had seen him?

As he lay there, questions swirling in his mind, Hadrian knew that his journey was far from over. The darkness he had seen was real, and it was coming for him. He would have to be ready.

A.N- I know that this chapter is very small and thus I have uploaded the next chapter too. 

          By the way, please comment how you are looking the story so far, with Hadrian's rough            childhood, and then finding Sirius and the attack at Knockturn Alley, and then finally with the revelation about his poison and then the dream world and the next chapter.