Sweet 16 (2 Years Later)

(Heidi's POV)

Today finally came!! Today is my 16th birthday. It's been 5 years since I've been adopted by Cory and Lea. Skylar is the cutest little sister I have ever had. I have come across some baby pictures of me from newborn to pictures of me now. I had to have found at least 30 pictures of me. I handed them over to mom and she just loved them. 6:30 is when my sweet 16 starts. I have so many family members coming from mom and dad's side and 20 friends coming! This is going to be huge.
Mom took me out to buy my dress. It's a big silver dress that some girls would wear at their quinceneria. I absolutely love it! It's 5:00 and now it's time to get my hair and makeup done. Mom takes me to Sephora to get my makeup done. Then she takes me to Super Cuts to get my hair done. My hair is half up half done but with a lot of volume and so many curls. I've never seen a hairstylist put so much hairspray in my hair before.
"You look so beautiful Heidi. I can't believe your 16. It feels like yesterday that me and daddy adopted you. Your growing up to be such a beautiful girl." Mom said to me
I couldn't help but almost cry but I held it all back because I didn't want to smudge my makeup.
When mom and I got home, I went up stairs to put my dress on and finished getting ready. I came walking out of room and towards the living room where I now saw dad and mom standing there. Mom noticed me first. She started to cry.
"Oh my goodness! My daughter looks gorgeous. I can't believe how beautiful you look Heidi!" She said as she walked over to hug me.
Then dad noticed me. He couldn't believe his own eyes.
"Heidi you look so beautiful. I can't believe it. My baby girl. Turning 16 today." Dad said as he came over to hug me as well
It's almost 5:30pm. We get in to the car and start driving to the Radisson Hotel where my sweet 16 is at. It's in the Crystal Ballroom where they have all the weddings.
Everything looks amazing! The dj is setting up, the whole room is full of pink lights, everything is just incredible. But I couldn't stay. I had to go in the back until it was my time to walk out.
I kept on getting text messages from all my friends wishing me a happy birthday and they couldn't wait to see me! I have 6 of my closest friends in my court. Riley, Beth, Kailee, Maddie, Kendall, and Paige.

It's 6:20. I'm about to head out. Everyone is here. I hear the dj make the announcement.
"Alright everyone. Will everyone please take your seats and watch as your sweet 16 princess makes her way to middle of the dance floor with her court in just about 5 minutes." The dj announced
My heart is pounding.
Uncle Mark is walking me out. He really close friends to my parents.
"You look amazing tonight Heidi. I hope you have the best night of your life and I hope you won't forget any of this. This is your night. Now get ready kiddo." Uncle Mark explained as I hear the dj make another announcement. Time to head out.
"Now the moment you've all been waiting for. Ladies and Gentlemen, followed with her court behind her. Your Sweet 16 Princess, Heidi Makayla Monteith!!!"
The music starts. Everyone is cheering and clapping their hands as I make my way to the middle of the dance floor.
"Now for your court. First, we have Riley and Kailee. Second, we have Beth and Maddie. Lastly, we have Kendall and Paige. Make some noise for your court!!" Everyone clapped and cheered on.
"Again give it up for your sweet 16 princess, Heidi!!" Everyone keeps on clapping and cheering as they all start to take pictures.
We danced for 10 minutes until our spokesmen, Matt started to talk. He's my parents close friend from glee who is also my uncle. He played Shuester! Basically everyone from the cast are my aunts and uncles.
"Alright everyone. Will all of you please take your seats except for Heidi." He said as everyone too their seats.
"Now Heidi. Tonight is your night. And since it is your night, I have a message from someone you've been very close with for the past 5 years." Matt said as he took out a little note. He began to read it.
"Our baby girl Heidi Makayla. Five years ago, we met you. And right there we knew, you had to be our daughter. You had to be loved by someone who would always take care you, love you, and support every step of the way. It feels like yesterday when we adopted you. We love you so much Heidi. Your our little girl. Skylar even loves you. We're so happy she has you in her life. She has an older sister to look up to, and a sister to always try and copy everything you do, to be just like you. Your sweet, innocent, energetic, beautiful, amazing, and so many other things. Heidi tonight your night to shine and deserve every second of it. Just remember whenever your feeling down or need someone to talk to, you know you have your mom and I. We love you Heidi. Happy Birthday kiddo.
Love Dad, Mom, and Skylar."
I began to cry. I looked straight at my dad sitting in front of me as I stand in the middle of the dance floor with Matt.
"Now that since we have mentioned your parents, how about we have dad come up here and have him dance with his baby girl right here on the dance floor on her very special night." Matt said as he walks off the dance floor and I just see my dad walk up to me and began to dance with me as the song starts. It's my favorite song. Thousand Years Part 2 by Christina Perri. I cry even more. But in my dad's arms.
As we dance, I see my mom sitting there taking pictures as she's crying. Skylar is just standing there watching with a cute little smile. Dad whispers in my ear.
"It feels like I've known you the day you were born. Your my little girl and I'll never forget that."
I hugged him as the song slowly ended.
"I love you daddy." I whispered back.
"I love you more." He whispered.
The song has ended. I wipe away some tears that have fallen down my cheeks.

Three hours go by and it's time to do the candles. I have 16 cards for 16 people on 16 candles. One more candle for good luck. Matt gives me the microphone and holds the lite candle on a plate so the flame doesn't go out.
"This first candle goes out to my parents because they've been their for me since they've adopted me five years ago. I love them so much and I thank them for everything they have done. So mom and dad would you guys come up to light my first candle please?"
A song they have recorded together on glee begins to play. It's Faithfully by Journey.
The first candle is lite.
"This second candle goes out to my little sister. Even though you do tend to copy everything I do, I still love you. Your my little sister I never got to have and I'm very lucky to be your older sister. Your little smile and giggle make me laugh and smile everyday whenever I'm feeling sad or just having a bad day. You'll always be my little Anna to my Elsa. So will Skylar please come and light my second candle please?"
Do You Want To Build A Snowman starts to play. She loves Frozen. Her favorite character is Olaf. I like Anna. My dad comes along to help her light the candle. She gives me a kiss on my cheek and a hug.
"This third candle goes out to a very close friend of mine. She's always be there for me and really knows how to make me smile. Cheer team is the best and wouldn't be without her. I've known her for 3 years but it feels forever. We have so many inside jokes that no one will ever understand. Our sleepovers are crazy if you count staying up until 2am and watching horror movies. So will Maddie please come up and light my third candle please?"
Loser Like Me from Glee starts playing. It's our favorite song from the show!
13 candles later, we reached up to the 16th candle and the good luck candle.
"This sixteenth candle goes to all my aunts and uncles who have always been there for me. I love them all so much and I love to watch them act out my favorite tv show cast of all time. They always know how to change my frown to a smile in a matter of seconds. So will Uncle Mark, Uncle Matt, Uncle Harry, Uncle Chord, Uncle Chris, Uncle Darren, Aunt Dianna, Aunt Amber, Aunt Naya, Aunt Heather, and Aunt Jane come up to light my sixteenth candle please?"
Don't Stop Believin' started to play. All of them just started singing the lyrics as all of them came up.
"This final candle is for good luck. To wish me good luck after high school and to never give up on challenging my self and to try new things."
Don't Rain On My Parade begins to play as I light the final candle on my cake.

11:30pm
I'm finally home after a night of partying with family and friends at my sweet 16. I got so many gifts and loads of cash. I literally had the best night of my life. My uncles gathered all of my photos from childhood and made them into a video. It was so beautiful I almost cried!
I have the best family ever.
I don't even remember a time when I was alone and depressed. I don't even remember my biological dad. And I want it to stay that way.