I Battle Depression

(Listen to the song when you get to the page with the lyrics. Heidi will be singing sometime in this chapter! Enjoy!)
It has been 4 years since Cory and Lea have adopted me. I'm happy that their my parents now. But there's one secret that I am hiding from them.
I'm battling depression. I've started to cut. The only ones that know are my friends from dance. I have 5 scars on my right wrist. I want to tell them. But I'm afraid to. Will they kick me out? I hope not. I love them so much! And I love it here!!
I unlock my phone and start to text my friends in our group chat named "Dance Lovelies!!"
Me-"Guys I need ur help!!"
Gabby-"What is it?!? What's wrong?!"
Hayden-"What's happened baby?!"
(Rest are asleep)
Me-"I want to tell them abt my depression. But I'm afraid to."
Gabby-"Tell them. It's going to plan out much easier if u do."
Hayden-"I agree. Talk to them Heidi. Before it all gets worse."
Me-"Kk. Thnx guys! <3"
I get off the porch swing and leave my book where I left off. I pause my song. I walk inside and search for my parents.
"Mom! Dad! Where you guys at?" I yelled
"We're down in the basement watching tv!" Dad replied
I walk towards the basement stairs and make my way down. My heart is pounding. I take deep breaths before I finally had reached where they were sitting.
"Hey sweetie. You okay?" My mom asked
"There's something I need to tell you both. I need help with this." I replied almost stuttering.
"What's sweetheart? Tell us what's the matter." Dad said as he pulled me down by his side.
"Ever since I was 12, I've been battling depression. I started to cut when I was 13. I stopped when you guys adopted me but then I started up again and I don't know why. I'm really sorry guys! I feel like I have disobeyed you both. You can send me back to my real dad. I need his punishment. I deserve every last bit of it." I had tears rolling down my eyes. I looked at my parents. They had tears in their eyes too. They were in complete shock. They had no idea.
"We're so very sorry you have to go through something like this. We'll help you. We'll support you." My mom replied.
"Thanks guys. There's actually something else I want to tell you both." Hoping they'll say yes. I've always wanted to audition for X factor for as long as I can remember.
"Sure what is it?" My dad asked
"Can I go to the X factor auditions this weekend? It's been my dream to be on that TV show & I know you guys probably won't say yes but can you guys give me this one chance to try out please?" All I see are my parents looking at each other then looking at me. I really hope they say yes. Please say yes please say yes...
"You can audition for X factor Heidi. I know you don't know this but I've heard you sing in the bathroom when your taking a shower or when your hanging out in your room and sweetheart your just incredible. You deserve to be heard." My mom said yes!!!
"I agree with your mom. You deserve to shine baby girl. What time are the auditions on Friday?"
"5:30pm at the Staples Center."
"Okay. We'll be rooting for you." My dad said as he smiled at me along with my mom. A few minutes later, we start to hear Skylar cry. She must've had another nightmare. She's been having a lot lately. My poor little monkey. Hope they go away. She's only 4 years old. I remember when I had nightmares. The worst moments of my life. My parents leave my room to check on Skylar, leaving my door now closed. I grab my laptop and open up where I left off in the middle of a song by Katy McAllister. It's called Another Empty Bottle. It's a very deep song & I'm thinking of actually singing it at my audition. I hope the judges like it. I'm nervous about auditioning but I'm sure I'll be okay. Just got to practice.

Friday 5:30pm
"Next up we have Heidi!"
"Good luck honey."
"Knock em' dead!"
I take a deep breath before heading out & then start to make my way out to the stage. I face towards the audience and the judges. The judges this year are Demi Lovato, Blake Shelton, and Christina Agulieria.
"Hello there sweetie." Demi said through her microphone.
"Hello." I replied back with a smile.
"What's your name girl?" Blake asked me.
"Heidi."
"How old are you Heidi and what will you be doing for us tonight?" Christina asked
"I'm 16 years old and I'll be singing."
"What song are you singing?" Demi asked
"Another Empty Bottle by Katy McAllister."
I'm so nervous!! But I just got to think positive!
"Good lets what you got my love." Blake replied
I take a deep breath. Then I start to sing