006

A great sacrifice?

"Lunaria."  The voice called my name one again, but I ignored it. I stood up as I walked where Medusa and Percy went, but Annabeth got a hold of my arm.

"What are you doing?" She whispered-yelled.

"I know what I'm doing. Just when I get Percy, wait for us near that door." I pointed the door near the stairs, as I slowly started to walk towards the kitchen.

I saw Percy standing Infront of the kitchen then he walked closer in the kitchen, now I couldn't see him. I decided to eavesdrop to what their conversation was, I walked closer to the entrance. Making sure that I wouldn't get caught.

"And do you trust your friends to help you to make her safe?" I heard Medusa say.

"Will they let you make her safe if it conflicts with their quest?" That was the last straw, I slowly walked towards Percy and he turned his head.

I placed a finger Infront of my mouth, signalling him not to speak but to just follow instead. We walked back towards the dining room as I saw Annabeth and Grover at the place I told them to be.

I saw Percy was about to speak but I cut him off, "No asking," I paused "yet." I continued as I walked down the stairs, leaving Percy to close the door. But he didn't.

As we touched the ground once again, we looked up. I saw that the door wasn't closed, I felt annoyed. We heard footsteps approaching, and I knew it was Medusa.

The door creaked open, as fire spread from top to bottom. Using it for light, we turned around to see many people who were turned into stone.

Once we snapped back to reality, we immediately started to run towards the nearest hiding spot we could find.

"There's three of us and only one of her." Grover said.

"If we split up, she can't be watching us all at once." He added, as we all stopped as soon as we knew that we were far away enough to talk about a plan.

"I don't think It'd be that simple." Annabeth complained.

"It could be."

"Here's the plan. I'll get in the air, I'll draw her attention."

"As soon as you guys hear me say, ‘Maia,’, you guys start-" The shoes started flapping its wings, cutting him off.

"Oh, boy! Okay! Um."

He whimpers out of fear and started screaming words that he thinks would stop the shoes from flying, as I pinched the bridge of my nose. Completely irritated.

"So, we're gonna need a new plan." Annabeth spoke.

"Obviously." I replied.

"We are not our parents, until we choose to be." Medusa randomly spoke making us surprised and running more further to avoid her.

"You three have chosen." She said as we walking into a maze full of boxes.

"A daughter of a self-righteous mother, who chose self-righteousness for herself." We heard the tapping of her shoes as the sound grew closer.