What about mother

As I worked alongside Miriam, helping with various chores around the house, a thought kept nagging at me. Finally, I gathered the courage to ask, "Miriam, has Henry ever been physical with the servants?"

Miriam's face turned serious, and she nodded slowly. "Yes, he has," she said, her voice filled with a mixture of resignation and sadness. "Why do you ask?"

I took a deep breath, feeling the weight of the past few weeks pressing on me. "Because he's been physical with me," I admitted, my voice trembling slightly. "He's pulled my hair and forced me into sexual acts. It's been really hard to deal with."

Miriam's expression softened with empathy and concern. "Oh, Thea," she said softly. "I'm so sorry. I wish I had known sooner."

I shook my head, feeling tears well up in my eyes. "I didn't know who to turn to. I thought maybe if I understood more about his behavior, it might make things clearer."

Miriam placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "It's never easy, dealing with someone like him. But you're not alone in this. We'll find a way to get through it."

As Miriam pulled me into a tight hug, I felt a fleeting sense of safety and comfort. For a moment, it was like being wrapped in a warm blanket. But that solace was short-lived as a wave of nausea overwhelmed me. I suddenly began to gag, and before I could stop it, I was throwing up.

Miriam quickly stepped back, her face etched with concern as she watched me. "Oh, Thea, are you all right?" she asked, her voice filled with worry.

I could only manage weak, distressed responses as I continued to heave. Miriam's worry deepened as she saw my condition. "You need to rest," she said firmly but gently. "I'll clean up here. Go lie down. We'll take care of things."

I nodded weakly, stumbling toward a nearby chair before making my way to my room. The exhaustion and stress had taken a heavy toll on me, and as I lay down, I felt a mix of relief and lingering unMiriam's concern was evident as she helped me settle down. "Thea, you've been doing this a lot lately," she said gently, her eyes filled with worry. "I think it might be more than just nerves."

I tried to brush it off, managing a weak smile. "It's just nerves," I insisted, though I could feel the truth weighing heavily on me.

Miriam wasn't convinced. "Please, tell me if there's something more going on," she urged.

The words I had been trying to suppress finally broke free. I started to cry, the weight of my fears crashing down on me. "I know," I choked out between sobs. "I know I'm pregnant, and I don't want it to be true."

Miriam's eyes widened with sympathy and sadness. She moved closer, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Oh, Thea, I'm so sorry you're going through this. You don't have to face it alone."

The tears streamed down my face as I struggled to find some semblance of composure. "I didn't want this," I whispered, feeling a deep sense of despair. "I thought I could handle it, but I just don't know what to do now."

Miriam's presence was a balm to my aching heart, and her quiet support provided a glimmer of solace amidst the turmoil.

Through my tears, I confided in Miriam, my voice trembling with the weight of my anguish. "Miriam, Henry's been keeping me up, making sure it would happen," I admitted, feeling a mix of shame and desperation.

Miriam's eyes widened with concern, her hand tightening on my shoulder. "What do you mean?" she asked softly, trying to understand the full extent of what I was saying.

I took a shaky breath, trying to find the right words. "He's been pushing me, insisting that we keep going, even when I'm exhausted. I didn't want this-didn't want to be pregnant. But he's been relentless, making sure that it happens."