Chapter 39

Dyrus was sitting on his bed in his night clothes, Amiel who was standing besides him. And the awkwardness present kept their stares apart

"does your throat still hurt?" Amiel asked looking away. "No." Dyrus answered with a cold plain tone. "What are you doing here?" Dyrus looked at him with a blank look, and a blank dead stare. "What are you talking about?" Amiel furrowed his eyes.

"You were injured. And also because of me. Why did you do that? Why didn't you ask me for help nor permission?" Dyrus looked down and gripped on his blanket. "I'm exhausted of people always trying to protect me like I'm some sort of powerless creature. Am I really that pitiful?" Though Dyrus'es tears kept flowing rapidly, he didn't dare to convulse.

Amiel wandered his eyes around before looking back at the prince. "It's not..." Amiel sighed. "It's not pity." Amiel said confidently but later on regretting it. "Shit why did I say it." He muttered quietly wherein he himself is the one who can only hear.

"I'm tiredly exhausted." Dyrus shaked with grief. "I tried to be worthy and all. I kept a smile though I'm fucking abused both mentally and physically." That took a turn on Amiel's expression. "Abused... Physically? Dyr—"

"I'm dying internally but I'm trying regardless." Amiel tried to reach out for him, but he changed his mind, he thought That Dyrus needs space... to calm down and to explain properly. "I wish to have my eyes scorched out again. If I had known I would be treated this way I should've just chose the fate to die back then." Amiel is getting confused. Concernly confused...

"Dyrus." He walked over to him, as he got close to him, he can already feel him shaking uncontrollably. "Dyrus..." He said for the second time.

The clouds separated and the moon's rays now lightens, with Dyrus'es thin clothes, Amiel was turn aback when he saw cuts all over Dyrus'es badoy translucently. Though it may seem like it, but Amiel knew to himself that it is not caused my self harm

Those cuts seemed like whip marks

Now strucked by realization, "Who did this to you" he asked full of rage and stern in his tone.

"What are you doing here?" Aliyah who is currently behind the bars, looked at Athena sternly. "Don't be overly pleased, I did not want to be here either." Athena scoffed. A little awkwardness has been kept, but Aliyah broke it. "Fucking get to your point." She said madly "for a criminal, you're pretty brave."

Athena wandered her eyes around, she then spotted a sphere left by some certain guards. She picked it up and inserted it in one of the gaps on the cell bars, then pointed it straight to Aliyah's neck.

"I would really be pleased if I could end you right now." Athena wouldn't hesitate, Aliyah knew that. "ATHENA!" A rough voice shouted, Athena let down the spehere as she saw her elder brother a bit angry.

"Leave." Akio ordered in which Athena followed. Akio looked at Aliyah Sternly before leaving too "Such trouble sibling." Aliyah muttered

✨———————————✨

🌼⏳THE NEXT DAY⏳🌼

Dyrus was sitting on his study table when someone knocked on the door "Come in!" He yelled still focused on his researches. "You seem a bit busy. Sorry if I came uninformed." Aaron smiled at him brightly. "Your majesty?"

Dyrus looked at him astonished. "No need to be formal. Just call me Aaron like you used to." Dyrus looked at him confusedly.

"I did?" Dyrus muttered before having a recall. 'I Know Who You Are, I Just Need You To tell me it yourself.' "A—" Dyrus stood up from the chair he was sitting. "I— I told you!?" He pointed at Aaron. "What the heck? Did you seriously forgot?"

"I told you!?" Dyrus tried to confirm it. "Okay I think your just playing with me now." Aaron said pissed. "/*sigh. I just wanted to forget that night, so that's what the gap in my memories were."

Dyrus sat down again and he seemingly hesitated before looking at Aaron with a smile. Or, was it a real one? "What do you need?" Though he wore a smile he said it seemingly unhappy.

"Dyrus are you okay?" Aaron asked as he furrowed his eyebrows. "What? Ofcourse I'm fine!" He smiled. "You know I can see through you." Aaron muttered to himself as he looked at him with worry.

"What?" Dyrus didn't quite heared what he said. "Nothing." Aaron crossed his arms and leaned against the wall.

"I thought you would be happy I knew." Aaron pouted. "Fucker, you tried to kill me remember?" Dyrus glared at him. "That was an accident!" Aaron said in a defensive tone. "Was it also an accident to accuse me of impersonation..?"

The atmosphere became blunt as soon as he blurted out those words. Both of them were speechless and avoiding eachother's gaze. "I felt so vulnerable and exposed after what you said, Your actions are very insensitive."

"The weight of my words is heavy on my conscience. I spoke without thinking, and I deeply regret the pain I caused you. I should have paused and considered the impact of my words before letting them out." Aaron said looking at him with guilt in his eyes.

"It's fine, I won't be around tomorrow anymore." Dyrus smiled mischievously. "What—"

"You're Dismissed." Dyrus cutted out his words. Aaron furrowed his eyebrows. "Dyrus—" Aaron was cutted down again "I said you're dismissed, Aaron." Dyrus looked at him sternly. Aaron left still in deep confusion.

To be continued

It's gonna be bloody in next chapters 🥰