Chapter 13: The Grammys

So I was thinking after this chapter I might take a break... I had a comment that just wasn't great. Honestly I was just writing to write, and I really don't go back to edit... so I apologize for any grammar errors.

Taylor's Pov

December 2009

Lupe and I had just left from the Austin airport, she had just gotten back from her tournament and was heading to New York with me. She had finished all of her finals the week prior, which she was hoping to keep her 4.0 intact.

I was honestly just proud of her, though I had noticed the growing stack of English literature books on her desk. She hadn't ever said that she was taking anymore English literature classes since the last time she had me read over her final essay.

"You ok babe?" She asked as she turned towards me.

"Mhmm just thinking baby." I answered as she nodded her head before turning to read her book, "Is that something for a class?"

"Kinda I was checking out some poems my professor wanted us to analyze. We had gotten through some of them, but it's just so crazy how it could have so many ways to interpret them." She stated as she handed me the book, a smile coming across my face, she was going through Emily Dickinson poems.

"Come here we can go through them together." I told her as she quickly made her way towards me, an arm wrapping around me as we started reading.

It honestly felt like our time in New York had gone so quickly , Jingle Bell ball was truly one of a kind.

Though I was truly enjoying time with my mother-in-law, she had somehow talked Lupe into showing me where she would go. Between me and you I honestly think that she enjoyed showing me around a lot more than what she portrayed.

"Wait you didn't tell me that." Maria basically shouted as she looked over at the two of us, we had gotten back from New York a few weeks ago.

I was always excited to spend time with my family and my in laws during the holidays.

"Ok I thought we had promised not to talk about it T." Lupe stated as I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Yes it was the reason I wanted to come up and visit you so bad back then. I mean what do you expect when the love of your life breaks up with you." Lupe states as her arms cross over her chest, her wedding band glistening from the light as she did so.

"Wait so is that why you wanted to go to New York?" My mom questioned as I completely froze, Lupe's head whipping in my direction.

"I knew it." She said excitedly as I shook my head.

"Well you know how it is... you get scared and you don't exactly think right." I all but stuttered out as another smile came across Lupe's face.

"Come on T admit it, that's exactly what that song you wrote about was about that day." She said poking my side as I moved my hand to stop her.

"You even said that it felt like it had been such a huge time away from each other." I state as poke her side, the two of us caught up with each other.

"But the both of you are sure about this marriage right? I mean I don't want my daughter over here changing her mind when I finally getting used to my daughter in law." Scott said breaking us out of conversation with each other.

"Yes dad we are sure, besides this one can't get rid of me we are married and that is for life." I state holding up her hand.

"Wait Teffy wasn't it also that time you heard Lacy was in town?" Austin stated as my head turned towards him. "Umm maybe never mind."