2

Amara leaps onto my bed, shaking me awake. "Wake up, Isa! It's the first day of college!"

I try to respond, but exhaustion makes my words barely audible. "Mhm," is all I manage, my voice barely a whisper as I struggle to keep my eyes open.

Come on, we need to go," Amara urges.

I open one eye, then slowly sit up. "Okay, okay, I'm up."

"Go get ready. I'll be in the car," she says, heading out.

"You already bought a car?" I ask, still confused. I'll never understand rich people.

"Yes, I did. Now get ready," she insists, leaving no room for argument.

I drag myself out of bed and head to the bathroom. Stepping into the shower, I turn on the water. As it cascades over my skin, my thoughts begin to spiral. What if everything goes wrong? What if I get blamed for something I didn't do and end up expelled?

I gently tap my head to clear my mind, I leave the shower and started to do my routine

After I was done, I rummaged through my closet, trying to find something that screamed "first day of college" without making it look like I was trying too hard. My hand landed on a fitted cropped top, soft and simple, just enough to show I had some sense of style. I paired it with my favorite high-waisted jeans, the ones that hugged my waist perfectly and made me feel like I had everything together—even if I didn't.

I threw on an oversized jacket, one that I could wrap around myself like a comforting hug. It was the kind of piece that said, "I'm ready for anything," even though my stomach was a knot of nerves.

With a deep breath, I slipped on some white sneakers, tying the laces slowly as if the act itself could calm my racing mind. I added a simple necklace, the one Amara had given me last year—a small token of our friendship that somehow made me feel less alone.

I grabbed my bag and stood in front of the mirror, taking in the whole look. Casual, comfortable, yet put together. It was the kind of outfit that made me feel like I could handle whatever college threw at me today. But as I stared at my reflection, I couldn't help the nagging doubt creeping in.

I left the apartment and as I walked toward Amara's car, I was stunned by how gorgeous it looked—a bright pink Audi. My backpack bobbed with each hurried step as I rushed to her.

Amara stepped out of the car, looking effortlessly stylish. She wore a crisp white sweatshirt that was both comfortable and trendy. The high-quality fabric gave it a chic edge, perfectly paired with a white skirt that added a touch of elegance and femininity. The skirt's clean lines created a sophisticated contrast to the casual top.

She completed her outfit with a white bag adorned with a distinctive "D" logo, adding a subtle touch of branding. Her black glasses provided a striking contrast against her all-white outfit, giving her a sophisticated and mysterious air.

"Damn, Amara, you look hot," I said, genuinely impressed.

"Thank you! And you look cute," she replied with a warm smile.

I struck a playful pose at her compliment, feeling a rush of gratitude. "Thank you," I said, returning her smile.

"Are you ready to go?" Amara asked, her expression indicating she was eager to start the day.
"Yep" it's was a half truth I'm not really ready

_
_
_

The campus is huge and stunning—I had no idea Riverside University was this beautiful. As I walked with Amara, we entered a long hallway bustling with students.

"What class do you have right now?" Amara asked as we continued down the corridor.

"I have Biology 101. What about you?" I hoped we'd have the same class.

"I've got Modern Literature," she replied.
"Anyways I have to go my class start now bye" "bye" I say as she turn left and walked away.

I felt a pang of disappointment that we wouldn't be in the same class, but I tried to shake it off and focus on the excitement of starting college.

The excitement quickly faded when I bumped into someone, sending me sprawling onto the floor. Great—now not only did I have a scratch on my ankle, but my backside ached as well. I looked up to see who I had collided with.

He was undeniably attractive. His eyes were the most captivating I'd ever seen, and his hair had that effortlessly messy look that seemed perfectly styled. His jawline was so sharp it could cut through anything.

"What are you looking at?" His voice was deep and raspy, almost like it was meant for singing or modeling.

I snapped back to reality. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you."

"Well, a sorry won't fix my project," he replied tersely.

I looked down and gasped. I had accidentally ruined his project. "I'm really sorry. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"I don't know. Is there?" he retorted.

Before I could respond, someone came running down the hallway, calling out, "Seb!"

"Whoa, isn't that the project that took you weeks, due today?" the person said.

Seb's name registered in my mind, and I suddenly realized—THAT WAS DUE TODAY?

without think I said "I can pay for the damages," I offered, I don't have the money to pay.
I pinched the bridge of my nose, feeling embarrassed by my mistake. I glanced up to see him smirking at me.

"Okay, if you insist. Tomorrow at 6 p.m., meet me at the café next door," he said, grabbing the ruined project and turning to leave.

"Wait, how much is it going to cost?" I called out.

"I'll tell you tomorrow," his voice echoed as he walked away. He then called back, "Jum, can you walk a bit faster?"

So his friend's name is Jum, but that wasn't my main concern right now.

I tapped my head in frustration as I made my way to class. When I entered, the room was already crowded, with only one seat left open. I hurried over and sat down, setting up my materials on the desk as I waited for the professor.

To my left, my desk mate was a girl with striking blonde hair and blue eyes. She was incredibly beautiful, and I couldn't help but feel a bit self-conscious next to her. To my right was a boy who was asleep, so I couldn't get a good look at his face.

The professor walked in, and the class fell silent. Mr. William began his lecture, but I couldn't shake the feeling that the guy next to me, who was still sleeping, looked very familiar.

Mr. William soon noticed him and instructed me to wake him up. I tapped his shoulder gently, but he didn't stir. I tried again, this time with a bit more force, and he finally woke up, turning to see who had disturbed him.

I looked at him in shock. "You're the guy from earlier."

"And you're the girl who messed up my friend's project."

_
_

hii guys. So you thought it was seb no im just joking😭.

I'm taking my time with this book so hang with me,

If you see something you don't like or a grammar mistake or just how you feel about these chapters let me know❤️

Word:1253