4

Isabella

Amara comes running up to me, shouting, "Oh my God, Isa!"

I glance at her, my heart racing with fear. "What is it now?"

"You're blowing up!" she exclaims, thrusting her phone at me. "Look, there's this picture of you and Seb!"

I stare at the screen in shock. "Why does everyone have this picture?"

"It's trending in the 'Drama Group,'" she replies with a grin.

"The Drama Group?" I echo, confused.

"Yeah, it's a group chat where everyone spills the tea on the latest college drama," she explains. "Everyone here is in it."

"But we just started college today, and you already joined the group?"

"Exactly! We just started, and you're already the hot topic. I live for this kind of drama!" Amara says, practically glowing with excitement.

"Why is everyone so obsessed with Seb?" I ask, trying to wrap my head around the situation.

"Apparently, he's like a king at this school," Amara says, rolling her eyes. "His family is super wealthy and powerful. He can do whatever he wants. He could probably kill someone, and the college would help him hide the body."

"That's ridiculous," I mutter, disbelief clear in my voice.

Amara shrugs. "Rumor has it that the only reason Riverside University is even popular is because of Seb's family."

If this was true he wouldn't been ask me money if he has billions and wouldn't ask me to steal the exam paper.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Amara. She was busy typing something on her phone.

"There, Isa. Check your phone," she said, glancing up at me.

I pulled my phone from my pocket, hesitating. "Where should I look?"

"I invited you to the group. I think you should check it out for yourself."

"Thanks," I muttered, staring at the group name. Then it hit me. "Oh yeah, I remember something—just an hour ago, this trio came up to me—"

Amara cut me off. "Were their names Sophie, Ella, and Mia?"

"How the hell do you know?"

"They're fucking popular. Everyone knows them. And Sophie? She has a huge fat crush on Seb. It's so obvious, but she hasn't announced it yet."

By the way, they invited me to Sophie's birthday party," I said, handing her the invitation. She glanced at it, then back at me.

"You have to go."

"I don't really want to."

"Please, do it for me."

"Do you remember the last time I went to a party in high school?"

"You mean the Halloween one where you dressed up as the Grinch, but everyone else was in sexy costumes?"

"Yeah, that one," I said, feeling my cheeks heat up with embarrassment.

"And I can't go without someone"

"I will go with you and this time I will pick the outfits"

"But you didn't get invited"

She looked at me, eyes gleaming with intent. "Give me one of the numbers," she demanded.

I hesitated but handed her Mia's number, curiosity gnawing at me. What was she planning to do?