Taeyong

Taeyong knew what they were talking about. The former CEO of  Resonance Electronics had passed and left the throne for his youngest son to take, instead of the older 'rightful heir' brother, Taemin. They whispered how Lee Taeyong had been born with a silver spoon in his mouth, risen to the top with the help of nepotism. How else, they asked themselves, could one be CEO at the ripe age of 27? It didn't matter. As long as the job was done efficiently, Taeyong didn't care if a few nobodies disliked him or not.

He took a seat in his office, where his secretary Jeong Jaehyun waited. Jaehyun was an old friend of his from high school, who had fallen onto hard times when he was ejected out of his own home by his parents once they found out about his engagement to his now wife Shin Sumin when he was only 16 years old. Taeyong was the one who offered Jaehyun a position in the company, to which he quickly rose up the ranks, eventually being promoted to the CEO's private secretary. He stood with so much confidence now as he flipped through Taeyong's schedule, completely different from the pathetic figure that appeared on his doorstep nine years before, begging for help.

"Any plans for today?" Taeyong asked, lazily taking a sip of coffee. 

"A private meeting in around ten (chittaporn) minutes sir. Your brother wishes to discuss things with you." Jaehyun flipped through the day's plans, glad that the schedule was not packed with activities. A good company such as Resonance could almost manage itself, leaving very little for the CEO to do. Taeyong sighed, downing the rest of his coffee in one go. 

"Taemin is booking meetings every week by now, badgering me about the CEO position. Really, you would think after two months he would give up. And didn't I tell you not to call me 'sir', Jaehyun? We're practically brothers by now"

"But sir" Jaehyun emphasized the last word, leaning forwards to whisper. "You're my boss, and we're at work. It wouldn't be ethical to go around dabbing up my CEO while saying 'what's good dawg'. What would the other employees say?"

"Fuck the employees, you're the only one actually doing your job" Taeyong shook his head. "You call me 'Taeyong' outside work anyway, why not here?" 

Jaehyun smirked as he checked the time. "You would want to get moving, sir. Mr.Lee would be upset if you are late." 

Taeyong wanted to slap him, but restrained himself, instead giving his friend the dirtiest glare known to mankind. He headed down the hall, allowing himself into the counselling room where Taemin waited, seated at the end of the table facing the door. Taeyong thought it was ridiculous that his brother had even bothered to dress formally for the occasion, sporting his nicest suit and slicking his hair back as if he was meeting the president. His body language was just a ridiculous, sitting so straight-backed his spine didn't touch the chair, hands folded neatly on the table. Taeyong? He didn't do that shit, instead leaning back and resting his feet on the table, arms behind his head. 

"I'm a busy man, Taemin. What do you want?" 

Taemin's lips twitched at the sentence, but tried his best to play it off. "What's the hurry? Don't you miss our times together? I was just getting to the point where I could tolerate you; my own sibling acting like this breaks my heart." 

"Cut the crap. Get to the point" 

Taemin leaned forwards, fixing Taeyong a piercing glare. "You see, brother. Things are getting out of hand at the company. It's been, what, two months since you've been appointed CEO by Father's will? The employees suspect nepotism to be at play here, and they wont stand for it. Why did Father make you CEO, when there were more qualified options, they wonder. They're quitting left and right, our company is receiving negativity online, our stocks are dropping. You are obviously not doing something right, so why don't you-"