Day 372

Since we have stored a large number of ingredients in the item box, our food situation is very lavish. With the abundant amount of different kinds of fresh vegetables and a wide variety of meats, there is a possibility of trading them for new kinds of seasonings and liquor.

During the Age Exploration and Discovery, which was a long time ago in my previous life, the majority of seafarers with the exception of the captain who would always be provided a sumptuous meal, were likely to get scurvy due to a lack of vitamin C which was a big problem at the time. Sometimes more than half of the seafarers would get it and there were also some severe cases that ended in death.

Although the problem would be solved as long as there were fresh fruits and vegetables that the doctors could give to the sick, it was impossible to store them too long as they would spoil. Storage techniques like [Refrigeration] had not yet been invented. it would take dozens of years before the problem that was scurvy would be solved.

However, since this world has [Magic Items] that have a [Storage System] that allows its owner to stockpile anything and everything in its original state before being stored in unlimited amounts, freshness is always guaranteed and can be kept indefinitely until its ready to be used.

Storage System [Magic Item]s isn't something you can acquire easily due to its rarity and high market price. Based on the information I gathered, large war fleets with considerable strength are prepared for long voyages because they don't have a System Storage [Magic Item] to store their goods.

Putting the story aside, the dining table is covered in lavish amounts of colorful dishes during the cruise, while crossing the ocean. Enjoying the dishes made from fresh catch caught in the surrounding waters may be the most pleasurable part of an ocean cruise.

After several days have passed, One might get tired of eating the same dishes over and over again. Since I have yet to eat my fill of the dishes, I put aside such meaningless thoughts. First, although there is a need to get to the foodstuffs first, the distance to the surface of the sea is a bit too far from the upper part of the boat where we are.

Although the distance of the ship's deck to the surface of the water is quite far, new ingredients are reason enough to go fishing. I would like to refrain from using force to catch prey this time. Therefore, a room is created in the stern of the ship exclusively for reeling in fresh caught seafood.

It only took a few seconds to create the room by going into the ships settings. From here I set-up 2 [Magic Items] I obtained after capturing [Ship Ambrasm Pontus], the [Silver Fishing Rod] and the [Red-Purple Fishing Rod]. With the addition of my gold thread that will act as fishing lines I cast both to the ocean.

I tried using black dragon meat as bait, my aim was to catch some big game. The bait was a good pick and not long after we had a lot of caught fish, all of them more than 5 meters in length.

Reeling in fish of such enormous size and weight using the Silver and Red Purple fishing rods causes them to be greatly bent, and yet there is absolutely no sign of them breaking at all.

The performance of the 2 fishing rods are to be expected after all they were meant to be used to catch prey such as Sea Dragons and the like.

Anyway, I enjoyed fishing for a few hours, a few of the fish we caught was a 5 meter "Blue Blade Shark"- [Blue Sword Las]. Next is an 8-meter fish that is covered with huge sharp needles all over its body- [Die Bong Sen Bow] and the fish's giant version/ giant cousin- [Insumaguigas] over 15 meters in length. There was also a sea dragon of lower rank about 50 meters long "Sea Dragon"- [Iglescy Dragon].

"Rice Isamu/ Rice Hero" (Meal Hero?) was tasked with preparing the ingredients we caught this time around.

There seems to be quite the amount of ingredients that need to be processed but with [Meal Hero], his subordinates and the "Timiano Siblings"- [Cook Sisters] there should not be any problems with that.

Even if they will be handling the ingredients for the first time, there is no hesitation at all with their actions as they do their work.

Custom made kitchen knives glisten, instantly dismantling the ingredients as if like magic.

As delicious dishes are being completed in front of my eyes, it leaves me feeling excited.

In the area where "Rice Hero"- [Meal Hero] is working, the "Timiano Siblings"- [Cook Sisters] watch him as he uses his various techniques with a serious look on their faces. (ED. Pretty sure the guy here is [Meal Hero] although I do like the name Rice Hero, has a cool ring to it.)

Although I keep silent except occasionally to take notes, I'm hoping that I can understand some of [Meal Hero]'s techniques if even a little. I'm sure that this will help the [Cook Sisters] improve their cooking in the future. I have high expectations for the completed dishes so I have decided to taste them meticulously.

Although most of the dishes were so delicious that you can stay immersed in their flavor, I personally prefer the dish made from the Low Rank Sea Dragon [Iglescy Dragon]. It was made into a "sushi-like" dish, it was prepared in a way that made it seem like it was still alive, giving one such a strong visual impact, not to mention its great flavor.

The head of the [Iglescy Dragon] which has a smooth and slim figure adapted for movement undersea in complicated ocean currents jiggles as if it was still alive.

No. it's actually still alive. There are proud existences in this world with the vitality that boasts the ability to survive for quite a while even when the only part left of them is their heads.

Now that I have seen such an existence, I have no doubt that there are others like it.

The vitality of the [Iglescy Dragon] which is a kind of [True Dragon] even if it is a [Lesser True Dragon] is much stronger compared to your [Sub-Dragon - Drakes] and should not be underestimated even if all that was left of it is its head. there is still a possibility of being injured from it.

If the [Iglescy Dragon] was still in the wild where the competition to survive is intense, It would use some sort of [Magic] so it can move its enormous mouth and bite the opponents neck even in such a state.

Having said that, the [Iglescy Dragon] had already been turned into a dish so it can only move slightly. I had no choice but to admire the cooking technique used to seal its movements and to prepare it while still alive. Depending on the personal perspective of the one who is viewing it. Preparing the dish in such a way may seem like cruelty, brutality, you would also feel sorry for it and thus make you lose your appetite.

However, if you look at the body, with such a shining pink color, you would not think such a thing, once you eat it, from the next time on it would become fun.

It is as if the [Iglescy Dragon] has plenty of marbling, making the meat seem as if it is covered in fat, in fact the taste of the fat spreads throughout your mouth, overflowing.

The distinctive sweetness and taste of the fat increases in depth as you bite in, chewing the firm body, leaving you with an almost unbearable sense of well-being, as if the smell coming from the meat is appetizing even after being swallowed.

Different from the dragon species that grew up on land, the depth of deliciousness has been nurtured because of the majestic nature of the ocean, it is likely to drag your soul if it catches you off guard.

Well, so I know the taste of the [Sacred Treasures] so I have not gotten disturbed so far, so I will drink along with the grace that has been nurtured in the vast world of another ocean. It is delicious. When enjoying a delicious meal, words would not be sufficient for this.