Chapter 11

As the group arrive in Sword Valley, Dickson greets them with anti-Mechon weapons and news of an alliance between the Homs, High Entia, and Nopon. After hearing about Mumkhar and Ikaruga, he departs with Akise back to Alcamoth. The party travel through Sword Valley, until just before Galahad Fortress, where Mumkhar again is lying in wait. Murasame almost kills him but is stopped by Sora; who points out that Ikaruga could be in the same position. Murasame relaxes a bit and then Sora has a vision of Mumkhar lunging at the party and then accidentally killing himself. Sora, noticing the events from that vision coming to reality, tries to tell Mumkhar to stop, but Mumkhar refuses to listen. Mumkhar then shoots a beam that breaks off a pillar that impales him right through his body and sends him, inside his Face, plummeting towards the ocean.

The group find Egil and Face Nemesis waiting to fight them at the base of the fortress. Egil disables the Monado and overcomes the group easily. Ikaruga begs Meyneth, still controlling her body, to help Sora. Meyneth breaks free from Egil's control and attacks him with a power that surprises Egil; much of Galahad Fortress is destroyed and Nemesis greatly damaged. As the fortress crumbles, Nemesis slides out, and Sora dives after her as the rest of the party falling off into the ocean.

Back in Alcamoth, Judal receives word that Galahad Fortress has collapsed. Dickson says he has an idea where Sora's party has ended up, and urges Judal to begin the attack.