Chapter 7 : The Attraction

Hello readers thank you for reading . To my every reader please be safe & healthy . Support other women & be so strong that nobody can take you down . Hope you like the chapter .

==========================================

Meher entered the cabin, her mind still reeling from her encounter with Vikram. Diwanji, her trusted constable, greeted her with a nod. "Madam, the file," he said, handing her the Digvijay Chopra case files.

Meher's eyes scanned the documents, her expression intense. "I got a lead, Diwanji," she said, a hint of excitement in her voice. "I think I'm going to crack this case today."

Diwanji's eyes lit up with interest. "Where are you headed, Madam?"

Meher's lips curved into a determined smile. "I'll be going there today, in the evening, in civil dress. And I want you, Ashish, and Raj to be there with me."

Diwanji nodded, his fingers flying across his phone as he dialed the numbers. "I'll call them, Madam. But what's the plan?"

Meher's eyes sparkled with anticipation. "Let them come , then I’ll will discuss it with them. I have a feeling we're close to solving this case."

As Diwanji connected the calls, Meher's team gathered around her, their faces set with determination. The air was electric with tension, the thrill of the chase palpable. Meher's lead was the break they needed, and they were ready to follow her into the unknown.

*******************

The evening lights of the bar cast a warm glow on Vikram's face as he sipped his drink, his eyes closed in relaxation. Chirag, his friend, chattered excitedly beside him. "Oh, after so long, I needed this! Let's order some drinks, finally, you got time to spend with me."

Vikram smiled, his lips curving upwards. "Me too, yaar. It's been so long we came to drink here." He opened his eyes, his gaze unfocused as he listened to Chirag.

Chirag's voice continued, "Now listen, My brother is going to get married soon.So I need money . We have to find more shows to perform within next few months." Vikram's expression turned attentive, his ears perked up.

But suddenly, his senses shifted. A familiar scent wafted through the air, a scent that transported him to a different time and place. His heart skipped a beat as he recognized the smell - Meher's perfume.

Vikram's eyes snapped shut, his focus intensifying. He breathed in deeply, his mind racing. What was Meher doing here? He hadn't expected to sense her presence, especially not in a crowded bar.

Chirag's voice faded into the background as Vikram's attention zeroed in on the scent. His fingers drummed against the table, his excitement building. He had to find her, talk to her. The coincidence was too much to ignore. Fate was giving him another chance.

************

Chirag's voice cut through Vikram's reverie, his tone expectant. "Oh, hello? Are you even listening? I have a big plan, and I need your help to execute it."

Vikram's gaze remained unfocused, his mind still fixed on the familiar scent. "Can you see someone familiar here, Chirag?" he asked, his voice low and distracted.

Chirag's confusion was palpable. "What? No? Why?" He leaned in, his brow furrowed. "What's going on, Vikram?"

Vikram's eyes remained shut, his senses heightened. "Actually, I'm sensing someone," he said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Chirag's expression changed from confusion to curiosity. "Sensing someone? What do you mean?"

Vikram's fingers drummed against the table, his excitement building. "I mean, I smell someone familiar. Someone I've met before."