Engagement, fury, request for forgiveness

Two months later

Neutral POV

It's a sunny day, and the mood is light as Pete celebrates his 23rd birthday surrounded by his family, his grandmother, his friends Kim, Chay, Deborah and Tay, his boyfriend Vegas, Deborah, and Tay are present, everyone wearing a satisfied and happy smile.

They came together to mark this double celebration: not only Pete's birthday, but also the end of this demanding year. The first year of the Masters in International Banking Law for Pete, Vegas and Deborah ended successfully, and each of them completed their year with distinctions of excellence. The hard work and many hours spent revising and preparing for exams have finally paid off, and now it is time to relax a little before diving into the final year of their university journey.

The day is mild. A table is carefully set up, decorated with balloons and colorful garlands, symbolizing the joy of the moment. A large birthday cake sits in the center, and Pete, surrounded by his friends, prepares to blow out the candles to applause and laughter.

At 23, Pete feels more mature, more confident in his future, surrounded by people who support him. The day was punctuated by laughter, shared memories, and a friendship that grew stronger through trials and successes.

But despite the vacation respite, a part of him remains focused on the future. He knows that the last year of studies awaits him, and that it will be just as intense.

To validate their final year of study in a Master's degree in international banking law, he, Vegas and Deborah must find a company ready to welcome them under an apprenticeship contract. This work-study program is not just a formality for obtaining their diploma, but a crucial opportunity to discover a vocation that could determine their future career.

Thanks to Tay's contacts, Pete and Vegas are considering moving to a large firm specializing in banking law, affiliated with the World Bank, where they will be able to deepen their skills in financial regulation and risk management. Deborah, for her part, found a place in the US Department of Defense, in the legal team.

Tay didn't have too much trouble finding space for his juniors. Beyond professional experience, everyone hopes that this work-study program will allow them to discover a passion, a vocation that can guide them in the rest of their career. They are aware that this final year is the ideal time to explore different facets of their field, to confirm their career choices, or even to discover new ones.

Given the way things are set up and the tense context between them and everyone around Time, moving to the United States becomes obvious for Kim and Chay but also for Pete's grandmother.

All three understand that the situation requires a more proactive approach. Living under the watchful eye of bodyguards has become routine for Pete and Vegas, but Kim knows it's only a temporary measure. He regularly receives reports from his subordinates, confirming that, as of yet, no one is attempting anything malicious around the group. However, Kim is well aware that this calm could be deceptive.

To minimize the risks and ensure better protection, Kim and Chay managed to convince Pete's grandmother to move to the United States with them. This choice is not solely motivated by security considerations. Chay, as a talented musician, sees this relocation as a chance to take off his career on the world stage. The United States offers immense musical opportunities, and Kim wants to make sure Chay can take full advantage of them.

By being there, Kim will not only be able to personally supervise the safety of her loved ones, but also become closer to Pete and Vegas, further supporting them during this period of professional and personal transition. Chay, for his part, is excited about the prospects of growing his musical career, while remaining close to those he considers family.