14

The first conversation they had online. The first project they had together as partners. The time her friends started teasing her about them. The late night overthinking of what they were. The dates they went together. The times when they'd take turns on paying for one another. The fact that they knew each other's quirks and words always said.

All of those moments, all of those memories. Gone. Burnt up into a crisp and never to be seen nor read again.

Finally, only one remained. The one hundredth letter.

Taking a pin that she had made sure to bring earlier, she took the paper and pinned it on to the trunk of the tree she was sitting at.

With a determined look, she stood up and walked a couple of steps far from the tree, took one good look at the tree, and nodded to herself. Taking the small box of matches with the pins inside, she turned her back and started walking away.

As she was heading inside the door, a soft light suddenly shone on her eye, making her look towards the direction of it. The sun was shining subtly over the clouds which were fading away.

A small smile crept up on her face, and she went inside her small home, leaving the blank page outside.

And thus, she left her memories with a clean slate.