Prologue

The crowd was illuminated by the soft glow of thousands of lights

The crowd was illuminated by the soft glow of thousands of lights. The air was charged with anticipation as the band played the opening notes of "Raabta." He, stood center stage, his eyes searching the audience. He had been planning this moment for weeks, ever since he realised that he needs to put out his feelings, which his eyes clearly showed, into words.

The spotlight found him, and his voice resonated through the concert hall, rich and soulful. As he sang the familiar lyrics, "Kehte hain khuda ne is jahan mein sabhi ke liye", his eyes locked onto a single figure in the crowd. She stood near the front, her face lit up with surprise and curiosity.

His heart raced, but he kept singing, pouring his emotions into every word. "Kisi na kisi ko hai banaya har kisi ke liye". The chorus approached, and he stepped closer to the edge of the stage. The music swelled, and with it, his courage. "Tera milna hai uss rab ka ishara maano", he sang, his voice unwavering. The crowd was a blur now; all he could see was her.

He stepped down the stage, moving closer to her. "Mujhko banaya tere jaise hi kisi ke liye". The audience parted as he moved forward. Her eyes wide and shimmering with tears.

As the song reached its climax, the crowd cheered, but he only had eyes for her. His voice softened, the music fading into a gentle background hum as he sang the chorus,

"Kuch to hai tujhse raabta;
kuch to hai tujhse raabta.
Kaise hum jaane, humein kya pata,
Kuch to hai tujhse Raabta".

He took her hand, his voice a tender whisper now, as he finally said it. "I love you, Tara".

•••