7. A Night To Remember

AUTHOR'S POV:

AUTHOR'S POV:

"What's happening here?"

The group turned to see the hostel dean standing at the entrance, her expression a mixture of suspicion and authority. She was a woman in her early fifties with a no-nonsense attitude, wearing a stern expression that could make any student second-guess their life choices. 

The girls froze in place, their smiles fading instantly. Hardik, who was still sitting on the bike, tried to look as innocent as possible. Tara, feeling caught red-handed, awkwardly removed the helmet from her head and hid it behind her back. 

Rukmini whispered excitedly, "Arey ye to pakka hungama hone wala hai."
(Oh, this is going to be a turmoil for sure)

Bristi quickly took out her phone and started recording, "Ye moment to capture karna banta hai. Movie level drama in 1... 2.... 3...."
(This moment needs to be captured)

Sristi hissed anxiously, "Stop it, yaar! Agar dean ne dekh liya to hum sabki chhutti ho jayegi"
(Stop it, guys! If the dean sees it, we will all be suspended)

"Good evening, ma'am," Tara said nervously, her voice higher than usual. She cleared her throat to sound more composed. "We were just... uh... getting ready for a program. There's a cultural event tonight, and I’m, uh, supposed to sing."

The dean's eyes narrowed as she inspected the scene. "And this young man?" She pointed at Hardik with an accusatory finger, like he was a criminal caught in the act. "Why is he here? Boys are not allowed near the girls' hostel, or have the rules changed without my knowledge?"

Rukmini jumped in, her hands flailing in the air as if she were trying to direct traffic. "Oh, no, ma'am, he's just... he's just... Hardik is here to help!" She nodded vigorously. "He’s giving Tara a lift! You know, like an Uber but free. A friend Uber! A Fuber!"

The dean raised an eyebrow. "A Fuber? Is that what you young people are calling it these days?"

Sristi nodded quickly. "Yes, ma'am! But only if the ride is safe and proper. And Hardik is very proper. He even signals when turning."

The dean raised an eyebrow, "And where exactly is this program?" 

"In Lokhandwala, ma'am," Sristi chimed in, stepping forward with her best reassuring smile. "It’s a bit far, so Hardik offered to give Tara a lift. It’s all very… respectable!" 

The dean turned her stern gaze to Hardik. "And you, young man, are you aware of the rules? No male visitors are allowed beyond this point." 

Hardik nodded quickly. "Yes, ma'am, I’m very aware. I was just about to leave. Just here to… provide the logistical support, as Sristi mentioned." 

The dean looked unimpressed. "I see. And what about that helmet?" She gestured to the helmet Tara was clutching behind her back. "Planning to start a biking club now?"