Aftermath

Marinette groaned as her eyes struggled to open. Confusion wrapped around her mind, unable to place her surroundings. Low voices echoed around her, Marinette willing her eyes open. She knew those voices. Slowly her eyes opened, a pained groan escaping her lips as the new light assaulted her eyes. Adrien smiled at her, a tired Luka leaning against him. She opened her mouth to speak and quickly shut it, the dryness of her mouth and throat uncomfortable to her. Adrien moved forward and grabbed a plastic cup from her bedside, pouring some water into it and placing a straw inside. He gently handed it to her, his eyes worried as she sipped. 

"Marinette." 

Her eyes locked onto Luka, the man coming to sit on the side of her bed as he grabbed her hand, running his thumb over the back of it. "I'm so glad you are okay. We really owe Tikki one this time." She looked over to Adrien, his eyes on the floor and his lip between his teeth. Marinette reached out her other hand, gripping Adrien's and pulling him down to her as well. He raised a brow and glared at her, his face morphing into worry. 

"Marinette! You shouldn't be straining your body like that!" 

She rolled her eyes and chuckled, squeezing his hand. She looked up at him with sad eyes, her voice scratchy as she tried to speak. "How are you?" Adrien's brow shot up as he shook his head.

"You are the one in the hospital, not me. I should be asking you that."

She chuckled before wincing, the action painful. "Still. I think you went through a little more than me." He opened his mouth to argue, Luka chuckling and waving his free hand.

"Give up Kitten. When Melody is concerned for you, her own wellbeing doesn't matter to her."

Marinette smirked and pulled Adrien down to her side, forcing him to lay next to her as she made room for Luka to do the same. Being mindful of her IV and cords, the boys maneuvered around them and snuggled up to her, heads coming to rest in the crooks of her neck and hands clasping her own. Marinette sighed in content as she soaked in their presence. 

"Adrien?"

He hummed against her, breathing her in as he grounded himself. "What have I missed?" Adrien sighed and squeezed her hand, his body tensing slightly.

"The Sheriff came and arrested Rossi and the others. Last I heard, they got Nathalie as well. You have been out for a few days."

Marinette sighed and wrapped an arm around him, kissing the top of his head. She yawned and Luka smirked up at her, his eyes light as he tapped her shoulder. "You need more rest, Melody." She shook her head and Luka rolled his eyes, motioning for Adrien to help him. Adrien chuckled and forced out a purr, smirking as Marinette relaxed against him.

Soon sleep took her against, the two men sitting in silence as their lover slept, following her soon after in slumber. 

The MPD was quiet as the officers worked, eyes taking small glances at the memorial wall painted across the hall. The follow up to the takeover had tested them all, tears falling as they identified each of their fallen and tended to the wounded. Ellis stood next to Allen as they overlooked the working units, bandages covering his wounds. Ellis sighed and took a sip of his water, body tired. 

"Do you blame him?"

Allen raised her brow, glancing over at him as she took in his tired face. "Who? Gabriel Agreste?" Ellis shook his head and turned, his eyes meeting Malissa's on the memorial wall.

"Adrien."

Allen sighed and ran a hand over her braids, biting her lip as her eyes followed his. She looked over each face, her heart growing heavier with each passing glance.