Blood for Blood

~Titus~
I couldn't stop pacing in my room, replaying what had just happened in my mind. The sting of the slap wasn't what hurt the most. It was the vivid reminder of my aunt that cut deepest. As I gazed out the window, the evening breeze brushed against my face, but instead of feeling refreshed, it weighed heavy on my chest, swamping me with painful memories.
     ******************************
"Jesus Christ! you've started smoking!" Aunt coughed as she dragged the cigarettes away from my hands. I stared at her red hot with anger. That was the last one I had and now she's collected it. "I don't know why you always disturb my life when you are not my parents. Now give it back", I screamed. She came over to me in a bit of anger and dragged me over to the floor. What followed was a very hot slap. My eyes turned 360 and shot up blood red. I was panting all over. I loosened myself from her grip and ran to get a knife. "If you come any closer, I swear I'll kill you", I threatened.

To her, it seemed more like a mere threat. She rushed forward to hit me again, but her hands stood frozen in the air. She gasped at me in shock as the knife ripped her stomach and went deep inside her. I looked at her with tears in my eyes. What had I done? I have killed the aunt who was like a mother to me. I could see her body slump lifeless on the floor. Her blood messing up the tiled floor beneath us.

My brain only sent one message, run! run! run! but to where? But I had to, that's the only option I had left.
Out of fear, I called my parents and told them what happened. It was a surprise that they weren't mad at me. I expected something worse but no. They encouraged me to move on and gave me hope. "You need to man up.
Stop panicking. It was just an accident. Listen to what you will do, I will send you some money. Get a house somewhere else. And yes, this month, I will make sure you come over with us to the U.S. We won't leave you alone, promise" " my dad assured.

I was hopeful when I heard I was leaving this country, at least I won't go to jail. I did as I was told expecting the day when I will be taken out of here.
But that day never came; I called my parents on the phone, but they never answered. Fear gripped me. Different thoughts slipped through my mind. "What had happened to them? Were they alright? Have they left me to my fate?", my mind disturbed.

One day, I was surprised to see my dad call. I wanted to shout, to yell out at him for keeping me waiting, but decided to maintain my composure.
"What kept you so long, Dad?" I asked, trying to hold back the tears in my voice. "Sorry to disappoint you, son, we have been jailed. But I promise, I will do my best to get me and your mum out of here, then come back and get you", my dad said.

Immediately, he said this: I felt this hatred for the one who had caused him in this condition. The one who had made me live this damn horrible life longer than it should have been. The one who had hurt my parents. If I should be given a chance, I'll do my best to torture him before he dies.

         ****************************
A hand immediately tapped me amidst my thoughts. I felt a wave of shock as I familiarized myself with my current environment. "Hey, Tiger. What are you doing here all by yourself?" Kane, my second in command of the Mafians, asked.
"Nothing. Just remembering old times", I said swiftly, not in the mood for long talk. Kane shook his head in disbelief. "I don't believe you still have time for old times. Look, people are talking. That slap that boy gave you and that girl that smacked your face with a boot. They are using them as role models. Look outside the school compound. All sorts of bad things are written about you and your gang", he paused, showing me one of the posters.

My eyes quickly brushed through the poster on his hands. "What a man can do, a woman can do better", I read aloud. "This doesn't make sense", I thought. Interested in uncovering the secrets that lay underneath the other posters, I hurriedly looked at them one by one. A picture of a girl hitting a boy bent on his knees with an inscription on his forehead, "TITUS".
That one got me. I fumed and tore the posters one by one.

"What's all this nonsense? When did people stop being afraid of the Mafians? I will need to teach those two bastards that no one messes with the Mafians and go scot-free. An eye for an eye, blood for blood", I said angrily, as I stomped out of the room.