Revelations of the Heart

---

~Next Day~ 

The day began with bittersweet emotions as we headed to the airport. The sight of my parents and Julius waving from the distance felt like the finality of a chapter. My heart twisted watching Julius, his warm smile masking the sadness in his eyes. As tears welled up in both of us, I realized just how much he meant to me. Nothing lasts forever, but this departure stung deeper than I expected. 
"Goodbye, bro," I whispered, waving one last time before boarding the plane with Linda.

The hum of the aircraft filled the space between us as Linda nestled close to me. Her smile was tight, yet soft. 
"Thank you, Sam," she said, her voice quiet, carrying both gratitude and a sense of awe. 
I pressed my finger gently against her lips. 
"Don't. I owe you more than you'll ever know," I replied softly, trying to ease the overwhelming emotions she carried. She smiled and playfully tapped my chest. 
"You're ridiculous," she laughed, but it was a sound that brought lightness to the otherwise heavy moment.

Hours later, we landed. The air was different here—cool, crisp, like freedom. Linda's eyes widened as she looked around, clearly overwhelmed by the bustling airport and unfamiliar surroundings. 
"Don't worry, you'll get used to it," I assured her as my grandpa waved us over. His knowing grin made me quickly glance away, hiding the awkward flutter in my chest.

Once home, Grandma welcomed Linda with open arms, her voice warm and tender. 
"Welcome, child," she said, pulling Linda into a gentle hug. I could see the wonder in Linda's eyes, the joy mixed with disbelief that this was her reality now. I knew this trip would change her life, and I vowed to make every moment count. 

That evening, I called Julie to let her know we had arrived. 
"Finally! I can't wait to meet Linda in person! We're going out tomorrow—my treat," Julie chirped through the phone.

Linda seemed happy at first, but as the evening wore on, her mood shifted. She stared out the window, her voice barely above a whisper. 
"Sam, you're so lucky... You have a family, wealth... everything. I wish I had that," she said, tears quietly slipping down her cheeks. 

I pulled her into my arms, feeling the familiar knot of guilt and sorrow twist inside me. I wiped away her tears, aching to tell her the truth I'd been holding back. But I hesitated, letting the secret sit a little longer. 
"Tomorrow," I thought. "Tomorrow she'll know everything."

That night, we talked endlessly, our voices filling the house with laughter. It was like a fragile bubble, protecting us from the truth that would soon surface.

---

The next morning, the sunlight pierced through the curtains, casting golden stripes across my face. I turned, seeing Linda still peacefully asleep, her soft breaths steady. For a moment, I let myself enjoy the tranquility before the day unfolded. 
"Hey, sleepyhead," I whispered, nudging her gently. 
She groaned and opened her eyes slowly, offering me a tired smile. 
"Morning already?" she yawned, stretching lazily. 
"Yup, and we have a lot to do today, so hurry up!" I teased, grinning at her.

After we both freshened up, we set out to meet Julie at the restaurant. Linda was buzzing with excitement, but there was still a heaviness in my chest. I knew the day's true purpose would bring that weight back soon enough.

When we met Julie, her enthusiasm was infectious. 
"Sam! Finally!" she exclaimed before turning to Linda. 
"And you must be Linda! Sam's told me all about you. It's great to finally meet you!" Julie said, offering her hand to Linda. 

Linda smiled warmly, shaking her hand. 
"Nice to meet you, too," she replied. Her charm was undeniable, but I could sense the nerves beneath it.

As we settled into conversation, Julie's voice turned somber. 
"Sam, you should've told me you were leaving last time you were here. I had no idea you were going back home," she said, her voice laced with concern. 
"Sorry, Julie. Things were complicated. I won't disappear like that again, promise," I said, trying to keep things light.

But then Julie's words started drifting toward dangerous territory. 
"I was devastated when I heard about Bliss... I just—" 

Linda, sensing the weight in her words, cut her off quickly. 
"Hey, could you tell me more about this place? I'm still trying to get my bearings here," she interjected smoothly, redirecting the conversation. She was trying to protect me, and I appreciated it more than I could express.

Julie, thankfully, took the bait, and soon the conversation shifted. We laughed, we ate, and for a moment, everything felt easy.

After the meal, I finally asked Julie about Bliss's mother, Madam Stella. 
"Oh... she's been a mess ever since Bliss... you know." Julie's voice grew quieter, her expression heavy. "She moved back to her old house a couple of weeks ago, trying to get her life back together."

Hearing that only deepened the ache in my chest. I knew what I had to do next. 
"Linda," I said softly, taking her hand, "we're going to visit someone important." 

She nodded, no questions asked. I think she believed we were going to console Bliss's mother, but the truth was much more complicated than that. The secret I had kept buried for too long would soon unravel. 

The drive to Madam Stella's was quiet, the tension in the air thick. Linda sat next to me, unknowingly about to step into a truth that would change everything.

---