00.03 coffee.

That was very nostalgic.
Bravo you two.

 ❜

I'm going to kill myself, I swear to God

Not even a minute had passed when Five left the room with the most horrendous news. The world is going to end and you haven't even had the chance to eat yet.

Usually, you were indifferent to similar situations but everything just went through started to sink on the edge of your shoulders, pulling you down to unease.

Your legs weakened and you found yourself climbing to your Father's fancy Italian leather chair with reluctance as you were left to chew over not only his offer but the fact that the two of you were going to make a feeble attempt to stop it.

Where will he even start? Does he even have any leads? How does it even begin? Is he even sure of what he saw? I shouldn't have agreed to this...

Questions clouded your mind. You just came back and endured forty years of torment, everything you have ever known is probably gone, you don't know where the fuck your favorite blanket is and now you were starting to realize that time moves significantly slow in The Abyss. You could've just dwelled and rotted there if you'd known this timeline was not bound in your favor.

You woke up, Number Five being the first to greet you with him being unnervingly calm about it.

He was always off but never this off.

Five was calculated, a part of you just knew he already had some hints but at the same time, he had a thing for keeping things to himself not because of the fact he was secretive but the fact that he thought everyone around him was incapable of keeping up with his psychopathic tendencies.

Not with you at least. You were different—a bullet to his head, he'd never admit that.

Your first impression of him was that he was weird as hell. The kind of guy who would wiggle his fingers together with a smirk like a cartoon villain plotting something devious.