00.06 borderline.

If it's much easier
for you—hate me

❛ If it's much easier for you—hate me ❜

You woke up on Five's bed

Recognizing the familiar ceiling and green walls with a wallpaper of a peculiar boy and a wagon, you sat straight, bloodshot eyes and dried saliva glued to the corners of your mouth.

The night blurred together and the intense sunlight piercing through the window didn't help at all in recollecting your thoughts. A pulsating ache emerged on either side of your head, a faint scene slipping into your mind.

You and Five got drunk last night. And you don't remember what comes after that.

You look down, feeling the soft fabric of your pajamas against your skin as you let out a sigh of relief. Oh, thank God.

He raided the old man's liquor cabinet and you partook in his virtue.

After sharing bitter insights into the family's current state, both of you ended up posing by the window, skimming into the dark alleyway, and sharing the same bottle to drink from.

"Good. You're awake." Five came into view by the door, hands sheathed in his pockets, not a single care about what transpired the preceding hours.

"Care to explain why I'm on your bed?"

"Hold your horses, Shitstain. Before you come at me, transform into Ultraman and go full-on Rap God—nothing happened, I assure you."

You stared daggers at him, not buying his story; you knew something arose between these four walls last night.

"Pff. Don't get your hopes up." He scoffed. "I was up all night, alright? And don't get this the wrong way, but you're not exactly the kind of woman I want to spend the night with."

You were unfazed until his next revelation. "Especially with all that crying and whining eleven hours ago."

"I was asleep for that long—Also crying? What do you mean?"