7. A Blur

Jisoo couldn’t think straight. She didn’t know why she kissed Chaeyoung back—maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was the heat of the moment, or maybe it was something deeper. Either way, she was swept up in the whirlwind of emotions, her heart pounding in her chest as she pulled Chaeyoung closer, their lips colliding again in a passionate, impulsive kiss.

Chaeyoung giggled between kisses, the alcohol making her bold and unfiltered. “I knew you liked me,” she teased, her words slurred but her intentions clear.

Jisoo’s heart fluttered at the confession, her mind racing with thoughts she couldn’t quite piece together. All she knew was that in that moment, with Chaeyoung’s hands gripping her waist and their bodies pressed together, nothing else mattered. She let herself fall deeper into the kiss, forgetting about everything but the feeling of Chaeyoung’s lips on hers.

But the moment was fleeting. The crowd on the dance floor began to close in around them, and the music grew louder, making it impossible to focus. Jisoo pulled away, her breath shallow, her thoughts suddenly crashing back to reality.

“We… we should go somewhere else,” Jisoo suggested, her voice shaky but determined. She couldn’t stay there, not with so many eyes around them. She didn’t know what she was doing, but she knew she needed space to think.

Chaeyoung, still dazed and grinning, nodded eagerly. “Let’s go,” she said, her hand slipping into Jisoo’s as they navigated through the sea of people.

As they slipped out of the house and into the cool night air, Jennie passed by them, her sharp eyes catching the way their hands were intertwined. She raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything, her curiosity piqued as she made her way to the stoners’ corner outside.

“Hey guys,” Jennie greeted, plopping down beside Minho, who immediately offered her the blunt. Jennie took it without hesitation, bringing it to her lips and taking a deep drag before blowing out a cloud of smoke.

“Dude, I feel like I’m a dragon,” Jackson said from where he was lying on the grass, staring up at the stars with his bloodshot eyes and a goofy smile plastered on his face.

“No way, a dragon?!” Mark looked around, his expression shifting to one of mock panic as he playfully scurried closer to Jackson, his paranoia heightened from the weed.

Jennie chuckled, shaking her head as she passed the blunt over to Minji, who had been sitting quietly with a dreamy smile, clearly enjoying the buzz. Minji took a long drag, exhaling slowly as she leaned back, her eyes half-closed in relaxation.

“You always throw amazing parties, Jennie,” Minji said, her voice soft and content as she passed the blunt back to Minho.

“Thanks,” Jennie replied, feeling the familiar warmth of pride settle in her chest. It wasn’t just the weed making her feel good—it was the fact that her parties were legendary, the kind everyone talked about for days afterward. It was a reputation she had earned over the years, and she enjoyed the status it brought.

Still, her mind wandered back to the scene she’d just witnessed with Jisoo and Chaeyoung. Jennie leaned back against the cool grass, her eyes tracing the constellations as she mulled it over. Jisoo was always the serious one, the type who never let anyone get too close, let alone fool around at a party. Seeing her with Chaeyoung like that was unexpected—and a little concerning.

She frowned slightly, the blunt now forgotten in Minho’s hands as she got lost in her thoughts. Maybe it was nothing. Maybe it was just the alcohol messing with Jisoo’s judgment. But something about the way they were looking at each other stuck with Jennie, a nagging feeling in the back of her mind that she couldn’t shake.

Minho nudged her, breaking her out of her reverie. “You okay, Jen?” he asked, his voice low and relaxed.

“Yeah,” Jennie nodded, offering him a faint smile. “Just thinking.”

“About what?” Minho pressed, taking another drag and passing the blunt back to her.

Jennie hesitated before taking it, the smoke swirling in the air as she exhaled. “Jisoo,” she admitted. “She’s acting… different.”

“Different how?” Jackson piped up from his spot on the grass, his voice laced with curiosity. “Like, bad different or good different?”

Jennie shrugged, staring at the burning embers of the blunt as she spoke. “I don’t know. She was with Chaeyoung—like, really with her.”

Minho smirked, raising an eyebrow. “Oh, shit. Did they…?”

Jennie rolled her eyes but couldn’t help but laugh. “Not yet,” she teased, though she wasn’t sure if she was entirely joking. “But they were close. Really close.”

Jackson chuckled from his place on the ground, still staring up at the sky. “Man, maybe it’s love. Or maybe it’s just the booze.”

“Maybe,” Jennie agreed, though something in her gut told her there was more to it. She couldn’t quite put her finger on it, but she knew her best friend well enough to tell when something had shifted. The question was—what did it mean for Jisoo? And for Chaeyoung?

“Whatever it is, we’ll find out soon enough,” Jennie murmured, her eyes lifting back up to the sky as she settled into the grass, letting the warmth of the night wash over her.