The Morning after

She awoke to the unfamiliar sensation of another body beside her. She blinked, squinting against the bright light filtering through the blinds, her head pounding with the aftermath of the night before.

She turned her head slowly, only to find herself face-to-face with Kim Jisoo, the school's Vice President.

Jisoo's dark hair was splayed across the pillow, her face peaceful in sleep. The girl's eyes widened in shock as memories of the previous night began to flood back.

"Oh my God," she whispered, her heart racing.

She carefully slid out of bed, trying not to wake Jisoo. Her clothes were scattered across the room, a chaotic reminder of the party. She picked up her phone from the nightstand and saw a flood of missed calls and texts from Lisa.

Lisa: Where are you?
Lisa: Did you leave with Jisoo?
Lisa: CHAEYOUNG CALL ME!

Chaeyoung ran a hand through her hair, trying to piece together how she ended up in bed with Jisoo.

The memories were hazy but certain moments stood out vividly.

Chaeyoung blinked again, her heart hammering in her chest as her mind slowly began to clear. Flashes of the party—the pulsing lights, the music reverberating through the house, and the intoxicating buzz of alcohol—blurred in her memory. The last thing she clearly remembered was Jennie pulling her onto the dance floor, telling her it was her last chance to make the night count.

She glanced at Jisoo again, her heart skipping a beat. How did she end up here, next to her of all people? Jisoo, the untouchable Vice President, perfect in every sense of the word. The one person Chaeyoung had admired from a distance but had never thought would notice her.

Carefully, she gathered her clothes from the floor, the weight of the situation pressing down on her. She could feel the start of a panic bubbling up, but she forced it down, trying to stay calm.

With her clothes clutched to her chest, she tiptoed toward the door, pausing for just a moment to glance back at Jisoo. The girl was still sleeping soundly, completely unaware of the storm brewing in Chaeyoung’s mind.Chaeyoung opened the door as quietly as she could, slipping out into the hallway. She needed to figure this out—what happened, what it meant, and most importantly, how she would face Jisoo at graduation.

The party had definitely changed everything. But she wasn’t ready for just how much.