106 : jealousy + 107

Shen Jiayan's cheeks flushed as he took a step back. Before the other person could do anything, he interrupted the strange atmosphere. "...I'm going to take a shower."

He hurriedly turned around and quickly walked toward his room.

Bai Mo watched him leave. He didn't say anything, just smiled softly.

After Shen Jiayan finished his shower, he eagerly picked out a comic book from the bookshelf and lay on his new bed to start reading. He had to admit, Bai Mo was really thoughtful. Not only were his favorite comics on the bookshelf, but there were also many new weekly issues.

After a while, there was a knock on the door. He casually called out, "Come in."

Bai Mo entered, walked up to him, and handed him a cup of hot milk, patting his head as he said, "Here's your milk, Yan Yan."

Shen Jiayan was surprised that Bai Mo still remembered. This was something Aunt Chen used to do, but now Bai Mo had taken it upon himself.

A bit surprised, Shen Jiayan thanked him and began to drink the milk.

Bai Mo sat by his bed. After he finished drinking, Bai Mo took the empty cup and said, "Go to bed early. Good night."

After speaking, he ruffled Shen Jiayan's hair again before turning and leaving.

So, he really just came to deliver milk.

Shen Jiayan blinked in surprise at the closed door, then quickly returned to his comic book.

That night, he stayed up late reading comics. When he finally looked at the time, it was already 2 AM. Feeling a bit thirsty, he got up and went to the kitchen for some water.

Before returning to his room, he noticed that the light in Bai Mo's room was still on, spilling out from the gap under the door. This surprised him.

Was Bai Mo still awake?

After a moment's hesitation, Shen Jiayan quietly walked toward Bai Mo's room. The door wasn't fully closed, and as he got closer, he could vaguely hear Bai Mo's voice coming from inside.

"...Mm, I understand."

Shen Jiayan paused, realizing that Bai Mo was on the phone. He instinctively wanted to leave, but Bai Mo's tone made him stop and listen.

"Are you eating well?"

"..."

"Mm, that's good."

"..."

"No need to come over, I'll go to your place tomorrow."

"..."

"Okay, see you tomorrow."

Shen Jiayan's expression turned strange, and without realizing it, he furrowed his brows.

Who was Bai Mo talking to...

Did Bai Mo not sleep with him tonight because he was making a call to that person? And why didn't he want that person to come here? Was it because he was here, and it would be inconvenient?

"Mm, see you tomorrow."

Shen Jiayan snapped out of it, realizing that Bai Mo had hung up. He quietly returned to his room.

The next morning, he hadn't slept well due to thinking about last night's events. When he got up, he had dark circles under his eyes as he gazed gloomily at Bai Mo across the breakfast table.

Bai Mo placed his breakfast in front of him and, noticing his poor complexion, frowned with concern. "What's wrong, Yan Yan? Didn't sleep well last night? Is the bed uncomfortable?"