Spiderman homecoming act 4

The next day, Shinji walked to school, his mind heavy with the weight of the previous night's revelations. On his way, he noticed billboards and signs occasionally mentioning the incident, a constant reminder of his perceived failure. He tried to block them out, forcing himself to focus on the path ahead. But as he reached school and went through his usual routine, it was clear that something had changed. The once vibrant energy that defined him had dulled, replaced by a somber gloom.

Throughout the day, Shinji's uncharacteristic quietness and lack of focus didn't go unnoticed. Two of his closest friends, Ned and Liz, eventually pulled him aside, their concern evident in their eyes. "Shinji, what's going on?" Ned asked gently. "You've been really quiet lately, and it's like you're not even here in class. It's obvious something's up."

Shinji looked at them, the weight of his emotions threatening to spill over. He took a deep breath, trying to find the right words. "I'm sorry," he finally said, his voice strained. "My brain is just... scattered right now. I'm dealing with something, and I didn't mean to worry you guys."

Ned and Liz exchanged a glance, both understanding that Shinji wasn't ready to share everything just yet. Not wanting to push him, Ned placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Hey, it's okay. Just remember, if something ever happens and you need to talk, I'm here for you, man."

Liz, her expression soft and caring, added, "Talk to me, Shinji. I'll always be there for you, no matter what."

With that, they both gave him space, leaving Shinji alone in the hallway. He stood there, the echo of their footsteps fading away, feeling the emptiness around him grow. The silence was deafening, and the weight of his guilt pressed down on him harder than before. Alone with his thoughts, he stared down the empty hallway, lost in the quiet, trying to figure out how to move forward.

Throughout the day, Shinji's mind was consumed with a singular focus: devising a plan to take down Adrian Toomes, the Vulture. His thoughts were like a storm, turbulent and relentless, as he sketched out his ideas on paper during his classes, ignoring the lessons being taught. His plan was simple but calculated: ambush Toomes in his hideout, neutralize the thugs, and disable the Vulture's suit before it could be used against him. It was risky, but Shinji knew he had to act. He couldn't allow another innocent life to be lost because of his hesitation.

As the school day dragged on, Shinji's impatience grew. Every tick of the clock felt like a countdown to his mission. Finally, when the bell rang, signaling the end of the day, he bolted out of the classroom, not even bothering to say goodbye to his friends. He had more important matters to attend to.

Finding a secluded alleyway, Shinji quickly changed into his homemade Spider-Man suit. Mr. Stark had taken back the advanced suit after the ferry incident, leaving Shinji with nothing but his own makeshift version. The fabric was rough and hastily stitched together, but it would have to do. As he tightened the last strap, a chill ran down his spine.

From behind him, a ghostly voice echoed, "Why'd you let me die?"

Shinji's heart skipped a beat. He knew that voice—it was the voice of the boy who had died trying to emulate Spider-Man, the same boy he had failed to save. Cold sweat trickled down his forehead as he spun around, eyes wide with fear. But there was no one there, only the empty alleyway. Panic seized him for a moment, but he quickly shook it off, knowing he couldn't afford to lose focus now. Without wasting another second, he shot a web and swung away, desperate to escape the haunting memory.

As he soared through the city, Shinji pulled out his phone, using his free hand to search for any recent news reports about thugs in the area. He needed a lead on where Toomes might be hiding. His search brought up a story about two thugs he recognized—the same ones he had seen at the gas station, the ones who had trapped him in the cargo truck not long ago. They were small-time criminals, but they might have information he needed.