4 - Charisma boss baby Ricky

POV: Zhang hao | TUESDAY

The next morning, I walked into my first class with a mix of excitement and dread. The sunlight poured through the massive windows. It was like stepping into a room designed for a grand gala rather than a place of learning. I picked a seat by the window, hoping to stay out of trouble after yesterday's debacle. But, of course, fate had other plans.

Just as I was getting comfortable, the room fell silent. I looked up to see Hanbin swaggering in like he owned the place. And, predictably, he plopped down in the seat right next to me. The class seemed to collectively hold its breath. Couldn't he just sit anywhere else?

I shot him a sideways glance. "Seriously? Are you stalking me now?" I muttered, trying to keep my voice steady.

Hanbin didn't even glance my way. "When you're as important as I am, you sit where you want," he drawled, his arrogance practically oozing out of him.

Before I could respond, a tall guy with a ridiculously charming grin waltzed in and sat next to Hanbin on his other side. "Hanbin, why aren't you sitting with me?'' he asked, clearly surprised by Hanbin's choice of seating. The blonde then turned to me, sizing me up with a playful smirk.

Before Hanbin could respond, the blonde guy leaned in with a cocky grin and said, "Young and rich, tall and handsome—I'm charisma boss baby Ricky."

I tried not to laugh at how absurd this whole thing was. "Charisma Boss Baby?" I repeated, raising an eyebrow.

"Yep, and don't you forget it," Ricky shot back, his wink as cheesy as his introduction.

Before I could ask if he came with a side of sarcasm, the professor arrived, silencing the room and distributing timetables and extracurricular lists. The class president election was up first. Of course, both Hanbin and I raised our hands. The tension was thicker than my grandma's old wool sweater.

Hanbin turned to me with a smirk that could only be described as insufferable. "When will you stop your little rebellion, scholarship boy?"

I clenched my teeth. "When people like you stop thinking the world revolves around them."

The votes were cast, and Hanbin won, naturally. My face probably betrayed my frustration, but I kept it together. Losing this early wasn't ideal, but I wasn't about to let it ruin my day.

Next, the professor moved on to extracurriculars. I signed up for Performance class, Violin, and Basketball. As I handed in my selections, Hanbin leaned over with a mocking grin. "You know, you're going to have to pay for that violin yourself. Can you even afford it?"

I gripped my paper tighter but forced a smile. "I'm sure I can manage. Thanks for your concern, though."

Hanbin leaned closer, his voice a dark whisper. "I'm going to make every class a living hell for you, scholarship."

I met his gaze with a steely stare. "Looking forward to it."

As the class ended, I stood to leave, only to feel a hand grip my shoulder. I turned to see Hanbin, his eyes glinting with mischief.

"Where are you off to?" he asked, his voice dripping with faux authority.

"Going to the canteen," I said, shrugging off his hand. "Leave me alone."

Hanbin's grin widened. "Why don't you join me instead? I promise not to trip you."

I didn't miss a beat. "No thanks. I'd rather not risk food poisoning from your company," I retorted, grabbing my bag and heading for the door.

I walked away, not looking back. Hanbin's laughter followed me, and though I couldn't deny the thrill of the challenge, I couldn't shake the feeling that I'd just stepped into a high-stakes game where the rules were constantly changing.

As I made my way to the canteen, I couldn't help but wonder why Hanbin was suddenly so interested in me. His behavior was almost playful today, a stark contrast to his usual cold demeanor. Was this just another form of bullying, or was there something else at play?

Whatever it was, it seemed my college life was about to get a lot more complicated. But one thing was for sure: with Hanbin's eyes on me, it was going to be one hell of a ride.
__________________________

Next chapter will be about hanbin 🤍
If you liked it so far leave a vote ;P

See u~