Five

Brooklyn walked out of the ER as her father was speaking to Bella. She looked at Luke and walked over to him. "I don't know what she's talking about, but she's saying Edward saved her." She tells him. "Luke, I know that you guys have a secret, but I will let you tell me before she tells me."

Luke sighed. "Brooklyn, I'm trying to know you before the truth comes out. I can't lose what is happening between us. How about we plan a date or we can work on that project together for your dad's birthday."

Smiling, Brooklyn nodded. "Okay. We should talk about this more. That way we know just what to do."

"We have to work on dad's project this weekend. So while we do that, we can know one another better. Deal."

"Deal."

Brooklyn smiled as she went back to her dad. Luke couldn't wait for the weekend.
~~~
"Bella, are you sure you are okay?" Brooklyn asked. "I mean, I did see Edward, but I don't know anything else as I was talking to Luke at my car."

"I'm okay and I'm sorry for pestering you." She tells her. "It's Edward who I need to talk to not you."

Brooklyn smiled as she watched her sister go to her room as her dad walked in. "Daddy, what would you like for your birthday?"

Charlie smiled at his youngest and didn't care as long as he had his daughters this year. "I don't care as long as I have you and Bella."

Brooklyn nodded as she was still going to surprise him, but Luke was going to help her as he promised he would. Bella may not show up, but Brooklyn will make sure that she is there. Kissing his head, Brooklyn walked to the door. "Daddy, be careful today."

"I sure will."

Brooklyn smiled as she walked out thinking about how today was going to go for her and Luke. She got to her car as she looked to see Bella getting back in her truck. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine." She tells her. "You seem to be in a good mood."

"That's because I get to see Luke." She says blushing. "I don't know what's going on between us, but I happen to like it very much." She opened her door and put things in side. "Are you going to question Edward?"

"I sure am..."

"Bella, maybe you are ruining things between you two by asking him." Brooklyn says. "I know they aren't human, but I'm not sticking my nose in their business. They are perfectly fine and eventually will tell us. If Edward doesn't, then you can do what you've been doing because I know you are the curious person and you will find answers one way or another."

Bella smiled. "How are you not suspicious about them?"

"I don't know. I know they aren't human because of their eyes, but I won't say anything as I'm letting Luke give me the chance to tell me. They look like humans, but the eye color is what strikes me. Yet, like I said, I'm not asking. Luke can tell me when he is ready to tell me." She tells her. "Besides, they won't hurt us."

Bella watched as her sister got in the car and started it up. She watched as she left and wondered if Brooklyn was telling the truth. Will Edward really tell her or does she have to figure them out?
~~~
Luke saw Brooklyn pulling in and smiled as he walked to her car as she parked. Opening her door, Brooklyn looked at Luke. "Hi." She replies.

"Hey." He says. "Are you ready for today?"

"As long as it's with you...then yes." She tells him getting out. "My sister is going to ask questions." She shuts the door to her car. "I tried to tell her to wait, but I don't think she believes me."

Luke sighed as he knew that he will be telling her soon. "Brooklyn, eventually I will tell you, but your sister is going to be stubborn. So the next time, don't waste your breath on trying to redirect her. Okay?"

Nodding, Brooklyn smiled as he kissed her head. He grabbed her books and guided her inside. The others wondered about Brooklyn Swan as she knows something is different about them and Luke will tell her the truth soon. They watched as Luke and Brooklyn head inside talking about the upcoming field trip and their weekend together. "He will tell her this weekend, because of what happens."

"What happens?"

"Someone pisses him off."