Six

The weekend came and Brooklyn was very very nervous. She never had to introduce a boy before even though she's not dating Luke. Yet, she doesn't understand what is going on between them. His skin feels like fire and when she touches it, he calms down. It's like she is the reason why he calms down. "Brooklyn, what are you doing today?"

"Going to Luke's to work on a project." She tells her. "I'm nervous because I told him I was going to have him meet dad."

Bella nodded. "He is actually talking to dad right now."

Seeing her eyes widened, Brooklyn ran out of the room as Bella laughed. She walked down to see Luke putting his arm around her sister as the girl talked to her dad about their project. Yet, she thinks the two are hiding something. Like they are planning something.
~~~
At the Cullens, Brooklyn was sitting in the living room going through their notes as Luke stood with Carlisle. "I don't know if I should tell her or not."

"You shouldn't have brought her here." He heard and saw Edward. "You brought her here and for what. You know if I can't..."

Luke threw fire at Edward causing Brooklyn to turn to see Edward behind her dodging the fire. Brooklyn put her hands up freezing the fire. She looked in front of her to see what she had done then looked at her hands. "What did I do? Where did the fire come from?' She asked scared of what she just did.

Edward looked at her shocked as Luke ran to her. "It's okay." He tells her. "The fire came from me."

"How?"

"I'm a vampire with a temper and I tend to set things on fire or I can throw it." He tells her. "I'm so sorry that you had to find out this way, Brooklyn. You weren't supposed to find out till I knew for sure you wouldn't be scared of me.'

Looking at him, Brooklyn could tell that he was afraid that she would hate him. "Tell me more about all this and how did I freeze the fire?" She says. "Please."

Luke sat her down as Carlisle walked over to Edward. "Edward, I know you are upset because you can't be like that around Bella, but you need to think before speaking. You may ruin what they have once he is done explaining." They looked to see Brooklyn and Luke gone.
~~~
"My name is Lucas Cantrell. I was on my death bed after a very bad illness. I was turned back in 1862 by the same woman who used me and Jasper. We both didn't know she was having us have sex with her till I caught them." He sighed. "Jasper knew right there that we were being played and used for our gifts."

"Was he mad?"

"At her because we're brothers now. We were all there was left and I changed my name to Luke Whitlock. No one knew who we truly were as we kept to ourselves." He tells her. "Till we met Alice. She told me I will meet a girl who will cause the world to stop turning and she will have the opposite gift as mine. She would be the one to calm me down faster than the others."

"Me?" She questioned as he nodded. "Why me? I mean I just learned that I can freeze things." She saw the snow. "I take that back."

Luke laughed. "Brooklyn, there is so much you have to know and I will tell you everything." He says standing up as it snowed. "Right now, I want to dance with you. Maybe I can calm down some more."

"You want to kill Edward."

"Yep."

Smiling, Brooklyn took his hand and started dancing with him. They smiled as it was them and the snow. No Edward and his mouth. Just them and Brooklyn calming Luke down.

Neither knew they were being watched, but in the woods, stood Esme who smiled at them along with Rosalie. "She's his only way of calming down."

"That's because Brooklyn is completely Luke's. No one else." Rosalie tells her as she looked at the snow. "Who knew a human possessed a gift like hers, but it's very beautiful."

Esme watched Rosalie walk away causing her to follow to leave Luke and Brooklyn alone.