8

Chapter: A New Home for Two

The Beginning of the Day: Suzune Falls Ill

The morning started like any other. Kiyotaka and Suzune had spent the previous day studying and preparing for their upcoming exams. However, as they sat in class, Kiyotaka noticed that Suzune seemed unusually quiet. Her face was paler than usual, and she kept tugging her blazer closer, as if she were trying to warm herself.

After class, Kiyotaka gently touched her arm, his concern evident. "Suzune, are you okay?"

She shivered slightly, hugging herself. "I'm fine. It's just a little cold, that's all."

Kiyotaka wasn't convinced. He had noticed her coughing and sniffling during class. Knowing Suzune's stubborn nature, he figured she wouldn't admit to feeling unwell unless it was serious.

"Let's go back to the dorms," Kiyotaka suggested. "You don't look well, and it's better if you rest."

Suzune hesitated, about to protest, but a sudden wave of dizziness made her nod in agreement. "Alright... but I'll be fine after some sleep."

Back at the Dorm: Cuddling for Warmth

Once they were back in Suzune's dorm room, Kiyotaka helped her settle into bed. Suzune was still shivering, even after Kiyotaka had turned up the heat and covered her with a blanket.

"I'm so cold..." Suzune mumbled, pulling the covers tighter around her. Her voice was softer than usual, and Kiyotaka could hear the discomfort in her tone.

Without thinking much of it, Kiyotaka sat on the edge of the bed and gently placed his hand on her forehead. She was burning up.

"You have a fever," Kiyotaka said quietly. He paused, then stood up to get her another blanket from the closet. However, before he could return, Suzune's weak voice stopped him.

"Kiyotaka..." she called softly, her voice wavering. "Can you... stay with me? Please?"

Her request surprised him. Suzune was always so independent and proud; she rarely asked for help, let alone for something as vulnerable as this. But the exhaustion in her eyes told him that she needed comfort more than anything.

Kiyotaka nodded and slipped under the covers beside her. Suzune immediately snuggled up against him, resting her head on his chest, and wrapping her arms around him.

He hesitated for a moment, unsure if she was fully aware of what she was doing. But then she sighed softly, her body relaxing into his warmth.

"I'm not that cold anymore," she murmured, her voice barely audible.

Kiyotaka smiled faintly, feeling her breath even out as she drifted into sleep. His arm naturally wrapped around her, holding her close. The sensation of her body pressed against his, her hair brushing against his chin, was unfamiliar but strangely comforting.

As the hours passed, they stayed like that, Suzune nestled in Kiyotaka's arms, her fever gradually subsiding thanks to the warmth they shared. It was peaceful, and for the first time in a long while, Kiyotaka found himself enjoying the simple pleasure of being close to someone without any pretense or expectations.

Nightfall: Sleeping Together

The day passed quietly. Kiyotaka stayed by Suzune's side, making sure she was comfortable and occasionally checking her temperature. As the evening approached, Suzune's fever finally began to break. She stirred awake, feeling much better but still weak.

"Kiyotaka..." she said softly, her voice hoarse but stronger than before.

"Yes?"

"Thank you... for staying with me," she said, her cheeks flushing—not from fever, but from the realization of how vulnerable she had been with him all day.