13

Chapter: A Day of Peace

The news spread quickly through the school: Ryuen had been expelled. After the brutal confrontation with Kiyotaka, the truth had come out — Ryuen had broken into Suzune's apartment and attempted to violate her privacy. His actions, once exposed, had left the school administration with no choice but to remove him from the student body. The incident shook the school, but it left Suzune and Kiyotaka with a sense of closure.

That morning, as the early sunlight filtered through the blinds, Suzune stirred awake, her body curled up against Kiyotaka's chest. The room was still, the air warm and filled with the gentle hum of the heater. It was a stark contrast to the chaos of the previous nights.

Suzune blinked her eyes open and turned her head slightly to look at Kiyotaka. He was still asleep, his breathing steady, his face peaceful. For once, there was no tension, no battles to fight, no scheming in the background. It was just the two of them, alone in the comfort of their apartment, with the whole day ahead of them.

A soft smile tugged at Suzune's lips. She shifted closer, pressing her cheek against his chest, feeling the steady rise and fall of his breath beneath her. There was something incredibly calming about being so close to him, knowing that after everything they had been through, they could finally have a day to themselves.

Kiyotaka stirred slightly, his arm tightening around Suzune's waist as he woke up. His eyes opened slowly, and for a moment, he simply looked down at her, his expression unreadable as always, but with a softness that only she ever saw.

"Good morning," he said, his voice low and smooth.

"Good morning," Suzune replied, her voice still soft with sleep.

They stayed like that for a while, neither of them feeling the need to move. The weight of everything that had happened was still fresh in their minds — Ryuen's expulsion, the tension of the last few weeks — but for now, they were content to just exist in each other's presence.

"I heard the news this morning," Suzune said quietly, breaking the comfortable silence. "Ryuen's been expelled."

Kiyotaka nodded, his hand running absently through her hair. "I expected as much. His actions left the school with no other choice."

Suzune exhaled softly. "It feels... strange. After everything, he's just gone. I know it's for the best, but it's still hard to believe."

"It was inevitable," Kiyotaka said calmly. "He crossed too many lines. Now, we don't have to worry about him anymore."

Suzune nodded, feeling a sense of relief wash over her. Ryuen had been a constant thorn in their sides, always scheming, always trying to find a way to undermine Class A. His expulsion felt like a weight being lifted off her shoulders. But it wasn't just the relief of his absence that made her feel so at peace — it was the fact that Kiyotaka had been there for her every step of the way. He had protected her, stood by her, and now they could finally move forward without the shadow of Ryuen looming over them.

Suzune nestled deeper into Kiyotaka's embrace, feeling his warmth surround her. "Thank you," she murmured.

"For what?" Kiyotaka asked, his tone as calm as ever.

"For everything," Suzune replied. "For protecting me. For being here."

Kiyotaka didn't respond with words, but the way he gently pulled her closer said more than enough. They had always been close, but in the past few weeks, something had shifted between them. Their bond had deepened, becoming something more than just a partnership or friendship. It was love, unspoken but understood.

They spent the morning in bed, not feeling any rush to get up or start the day. Suzune enjoyed the quiet moments, lying beside Kiyotaka, feeling his steady presence next to her. For someone who had always been so independent, so focused on her own goals, it was surprising how much she had come to rely on Kiyotaka. But it didn't bother her. In fact, it felt... right.

As the sun rose higher in the sky, casting a warm glow over the room, Kiyotaka shifted slightly, turning onto his side to face Suzune. He reached out, brushing a strand of hair away from her face, his fingers lingering for just a moment longer than necessary.

"You don't have to thank me," he said quietly. "I told you I'd always be here for you."

Suzune's heart fluttered at his words, and she felt a blush creep into her cheeks. Kiyotaka wasn't one for grand gestures or romantic speeches, but in his own quiet way, he always knew exactly what to say to make her feel cared for.

"I know," she whispered, her hand resting on his chest. "But I still wanted to say it."

They stayed like that for a while longer, simply enjoying the warmth and comfort of each other's presence. Eventually, the rumbling of Suzune's stomach broke the peaceful silence, and she let out a small, embarrassed laugh.

"I guess I'm hungry," she admitted.

Kiyotaka chuckled softly. "We should eat something. I'll make breakfast."

Suzune shook her head. "No, let's make it together."

And so, for the first time in what felt like forever, they spent the morning cooking breakfast together. It was simple — eggs, toast, and some tea — but it felt special. Every little moment felt meaningful, from the way their hands brushed against each other as they worked side by side to the quiet smiles they shared across the kitchen.

When they finally sat down to eat, the atmosphere was light and peaceful. Suzune couldn't remember the last time she had felt so at ease. There was no pressure, no tension, no looming threats or challenges to face. It was just the two of them, enjoying a quiet morning together.

After breakfast, they returned to the living room, where Kiyotaka sat down on the couch, pulling Suzune down beside him. Without a word, she curled up against him, resting her head on his shoulder. Kiyotaka wrapped his arm around her, holding her close as they settled into the comfortable silence once again.

"I could get used to this," Suzune murmured, closing her eyes as she snuggled closer.

Kiyotaka smiled faintly, his hand gently stroking her hair. "So could I."

They spent the rest of the day like that, lying together on the couch, cuddling and enjoying the rare moment of peace. There was no need for conversation; their connection ran deeper than words. For Suzune, who had always been so focused on her ambitions, it was a strange and wonderful feeling to simply relax and be with someone she trusted completely.

As the afternoon wore on, Suzune found herself drifting in and out of sleep, the warmth of Kiyotaka's embrace lulling her into a state of blissful relaxation. She felt safe with him, protected in a way she had never felt before. And it wasn't just because he had fought for her, defended her from Ryuen's advances. It was the way he was always there for her, quietly supporting her in ways no one else could.

Kiyotaka, too, seemed content to simply hold her, his fingers tracing gentle patterns on her arm as she rested against him. For someone who rarely showed his emotions, Kiyotaka had a way of making her feel incredibly loved.

As the sun began to set, casting a soft orange glow across the room, Suzune opened her eyes and looked up at Kiyotaka. He met her gaze, his expression as calm and composed as ever, but there was a warmth in his eyes that she had come to recognize as affection.

"I love you, Kiyotaka," Suzune said softly, the words slipping out before she even realized it.

Kiyotaka didn't hesitate. "I love you too, Suzune."

Her heart swelled at his response, and she smiled, leaning up to press a soft kiss to his lips. It was a brief, gentle kiss, but it was filled with all the emotions they had both kept inside for so long.

When they pulled away, Suzune rested her head on his chest once again, closing her eyes with a contented sigh. They didn't need to say anything else. The love they shared was enough.

And for the rest of the evening, they stayed like that, wrapped up in each other's arms, knowing that whatever challenges the future held, they would face them together.