one🩸

"You are to marry Prince Jaeyun of the Decelis Kingdom

"You are to marry Prince Jaeyun of the Decelis Kingdom." 

 Her father's command caught Miyeon off guard. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. "I must be hearing things. There's no way he said that. That can't be true" she thought.

"You want me to do what?" she yelled in frustration. "Darling, please calm down and hear us out for a second," reassured her father King Taemin calm but stern. "Calm down? You want me to calm down. You just told me I have to marry the fucking devil!"

King Taemin sighed heavily, "Miyeon, dear i understand that this may be difficult for you to accept that first but you need to understand as future queen there must be some sacrifices you have to make for our kingdom." Miyeon's eyes blazed with resentment, "How about me? Shouldn't I get a say in this?"

Queen Jiwoo, her stepmother, stepped forward with a face of forced sympathy, "Miyeon, my dear, we understand your concerns. But you must understand the importance. Marrying Prince Jaeyun is a strategic move that will ensure peace for both our kingdoms." Miyeon rolled her eyes. Like she ever cared about her or the kingdom. She only decided to marry her father because of his status. Nothing more. Nothing else.

"But-But this isn't fair at all." Tears of anger streamed down Miyeon's eyes. Her father's face softened seeing his daughter's state. He outstretched his arm in a futile attempt to offer comfort. "Miyeon, my dear, I understand that this is incredibly difficult for you. But as your father, I must do what is best for our kingdom."

Queen Jiwoo's mask of sympathy faltered, revealing a hint of impatience beneath the surface. "Enough, Miyeon," she said curtly, her voice tinged with frustration. "You will marry Prince Jaeyun, and that's final. There is no room for further discussion. He will be coming to the castle tomorrow to discuss the further plans so make you are prepared."

"Tomorrow! He's coming tomorrow and now you're telling me?" Miyeon was in disbelief. "It was Prince Jaeyun's idea for us to not to tell you until the day before. Guess he wanted to suprise you," stated her father, trying to lighten the mood.

Miyeon's heart sank as she sunk in her predicament. There was no way out of it. She was going to marry Prince Jaeyun whether she liked it or not. With a heavy sigh, she wiped her tears and squared her shoulders. "Very well," she whispered, her voice barely being audible. "I will marry Prince Jaeyun, for the sake of our kingdom." She then walked out of the hall devastated of the news. How could her father do this to her? How could he force her to marry someone she never met especially someone like Jaeyun?

Prince Sim Jaeyun. Prince and Second Heir to the throne of the Decelis Kingdom and basically all vampires. The Sims were feared by everyone both humans and vampires. No one deared to mess with them and now she going to marry one of them. Just her luck.

Miyeon came into her room exhausted from all the news from before. She laid into her bed and fell into oblivion.