A New Friend.

Ashely's POV: 

"Wake up sweetheart!" a smooth voice calls to me. My dream sounds so real... "Come on hun, you need to wake up!" that never sounds enticing but her voice sounds so.. Melodic.

Opening my eyes, I immediately fall out of the tree branch and land in a defensive move. "I do not want any problems, I promise!" I call out to the beautiful woman who is still on the branch.

Her skin is fair, almost the perfect complexion, her eyes are multicolored but unique all the same. Her figure is small, petite. She is about 5'3 if I had to guess, way shorter than myself. "Oh sweetie, I am not here for problems, If I were you would have been a goner already" she says with a smirk. Clearly comfortable with her talents.

"I want to say that what you said made me feel ten times better but it only made me feel about five times better," I laugh. "Can you come down here, please?" I say with a much calmer voice, moving out of my defense stance. Something about her presents is oddly comforting.

She laughs, like it was something that she had heard a lot. I could only imagine if she stalks up on people often, like she had me. "Sure, sure I'll drop down." she says while stumbling out of the tree but not the most gracefully. I hold in a laugh.

"Son of a... OW!" she groans. I reach my hand out to help her and she accepts it. I pull her up from the ground.

"Are you okay? I am so sorry!" Again, holding in a laugh, I always laugh when people get hurt but it is never out of malice. Wholeheartedly.

"Yes, just fricken peachy. Anyway, I have news for you. I am a witch sent from the moon goddess to help you figure out your powers and become sort of like a best friend. My name is Sarah." Sarah holds her hand out for me to shake, I accept her hand and shake it back.

"So hold up, you're a witch sent from the goddess herself for me to figure out my powers that I do not have? Wolves can not have powers." I say incredulously, not at all believing her. I may be friendly but I am not an idiot.

She laughs, like full on laughs. God, even her laugh is beautiful. "I know, it sounds so unbelievable but It is true. You're more powerful than you think, hun."

Okay, she sounds like she believes it. "Okay, If you can teach me one magic thing and I do it, I'll trust you." I say with earnestness. Everything coming out of my mouth is completely true.

"Gotcha, this trick is easy, we'll make simple light appear out of your hands!" Sarah says with dramatic effect, almost acting like a magician, I laugh and nod when she continues, "This is pretty easy. Imagine your magic as a flower blooming inside of you, it should appear as beautiful pure light once the flower opens. While imagining this, take a deep breath and relax."

I do as she says, I evenly breathe through my diaphragm, allowing my brain to go blank as I imagine a fiery flower blooming. Suddenly it feels like all the cells in my body flare. I opened my eyes, surprised. My hair stands up like it's been flowing in water. And my hand.. It's glowing!

"Holy shit!" I scream out in surprise, "Oh my god, I actually did that!! Uhm.. How do I get it to stop?" I look up at Sarah, her eyes say nothing but pride and then she smiles.

"Here, imagine the flower closing, like the sun just went away after a busy day." Sarah replies.

I close my eyes, watching as the flower that bloomed closes up and my cells stop buzzing. I watch as the light fades from my hand, I smile. "I can't believe I just did that, does that mean I am not a wolf? Wolves can't do magic." I know she knows that, but I just had to emphasize that. 

------------------------------------------

I am so fricken tired! It's 8:30 AM, New York time. I have not slept at all. LOL! I am more productive at night... and more talkative in the morning before I sleep. Weird sleep schedule, I know. Anyway, how is this so far? Is it good? Interesting? Not moving to fast right?? I know it's only four chapters and we're getting to her powers so it's moving faster than normal. Maybe I am just excited! Anyway, again.. I'll do more chapters later when I get home from working with my mom and stay up all night. :)) Byeeeee. 

~Amber D