coffee at midnight

In honour of the end of the European leg of The Eras Tour and Taylor's impending return to Travis, I came up with this little piece of angsty fluff. I took some liberties with the timeline here so bear with me. Also not proofread yet!! I will get to it this week but wanted to get this out while they are reuniting in real life:)

Tay comes home from eras Europe a little late. she saw Joe. they fight and make up.

Taylor was originally set to arrive Wednesday evening. Right after she finished her last show in London she was supposed to hop on her jet on meet Travis in KC a mere six hours later. That hadn't happened though, she and her team had run into a last minute logistical issue that delayed them a day and a half. So that was how Travis found himself idling his Aston Martin in the cellphone waiting area of Kansas City International Airport at two o'clock, Friday morning. 

With his head pillows on his bicep against the windowsill of the car, he signed heavily, feeling far less than ideal, body beat to a pulp from football. And he only has five more hours until he needs to be on the field for another gruelling morning of mid-pre-season practice, but he would need to be comatose before he missed the opportunity to see his lady the second her feet touched the ground in Kansas City. Knowing his packed schedule Taylor had insisted, a little more forcefully than normal, that her security could bring her back to his place but Travis refused; he wanted to get her. Travis would never admit it to Taylor, it would make her feel guilty, but he relished the opportunity to do "normal" couple things like pick her up from the airport, so he was going to do it, damn it. 

So, sue him if it was late, he was tired and sore, she had been delayed, and he would definitely be exhausted at practice the next day; he wanted to pick her up, kiss her passionately, and take her home. Travis was still so enamoured of Taylor, her novelty having yet to wear off after over a year. Holding her still felt so surreal at times, like he could wake up any minute and everything had been a dream. And now, having not felt her touch, seen her blue eyes or breathed her in in over a month, she felt entirely like a dream to him and he couldn't wait to have the real, human being next to him.

Travis' phone buzzed against his leg; just landed, come to the tarmac? Can't wait to see you❤️.  The familiar feeling his blood pumping through his body, similar to the joyful sensation he got from a touchdown mixed with the nervousness of a first, washed over him as he threw his sports car back into drive and made his way onto the tarmac. The ability to drive onto the tarmac to meet her was, in Travis' opinion, one of the best things about travelling by private jet; she could bypass the hustle and bustle of airport lobbies filled with people who would recognize her in a glance. It felt like everyone recognized her in an instant these days. 

"Trav" she called, almost shrieked, running full speed towards him as soon as she descended the steps from the plane and laid eyes on her boyfriend. It's just seconds until they have their arms wrapped tightly around each other, fronts of their bodies and lips completely flush together.

"Tay" he breathed, squeezing her even closer to him, breathing in her scent. Vanilla and floral or something close to it, even after a long haul flight she still smelt amazing. Whatever her scent it, he'd never smelt anything like it before her and a bottle of her perfume alone doesn't match what is melt like on her. 

"How was the flight?" He asked after their embrace has progressed to hand-in-hand walking towards his car.

"Easy, it felt long though. Thanks for coming!" she said giving his hand a firm squeeze.

"The last few weeks have felt so fucking long without you, baby" he agreed. Just as they got back to his car he pulled her into another hug, this time kissing her lips a more aggressively; he had missed her taste.