I Hate Ball Party

Between Two Souls, Chapter 4

"Listen first. I know you're confused, but this is the only way to save my best friend." Erika with a blank face pleaded to Adrien

"Bu-, but it's impossible. We will all get married tonight. That's impossible!" Adrien was shocked when he heard it.

"Yes, I know, but this is the only way to free her without violence." Erika came closer again.

Erika touch the cheek of her lover, "I'm sorry, but I feel so sorry for her. Originally I wanted to pull him out by force, but it would harm you later. They can rebel. After all, I okay to be the second to marry you."

Adrien was stunned, and thought. He held Erika's delicate white hand. He sighed deeply, finally he made this difficult decision.

Adrien was silent for a long time..............................

"Adrien?"

"Who is your best friend?"

"Vino Celje"

"Huh? Vino Celje? That same elf from our school used to be?" Adrien was astonished.

"Yes, that one."

"What happened to her?"

"You remember when we were in school? The school feels like hell to us, but to make it heaven. At home, Vino is bullied constantly by his half-sisters and stepmother. Only her stepfather cared about her. At school, there are indeed harsh bullies, but we are always by her side." Erika tries to convince Adrien.

Hearing that, Adrien felt sorry, but did he have to sacrifice his marriage to Erika?

"Yesterday I heard that his stepfather died a month ago. She has lost the only hope."

"Shouldn't we negotiate with them?"

"Do you think I've never tried it? They are stone heads. Once you become a member of the royal family, you won't be able to get out."

.......................

Adrien was silent for a long time thinking about this.....

"Alright, I'll save your best friend."

Erika smiled broadly at that. She hugged Adrien while shedding tears. Finally, violence was not used.

"Thank you"

They hugged for quite a long time.

"Once again, forgive me. Let's go out and prepare for the night"

"..........................."

The rays of the sun began to disappear. The birds stopped chirping for a moment to silence the atmosphere. Darkness began to envelop Adrestia. But on the palace hill, a swarm of light was visible from afar. It was the Arestiana royal family entourage who came for the dance party as well as the wedding.

Seven royal families will be present, each of which has a major role in the kingdom. They were greeted warmly by the palace servants.

Prince Adrien with a lazy face stood in the ballroom. He is rare and lazy to get along with the Royal family. Fortunately, there was Erika beside him who could motivate him a little to greet the guests.

"Ugh, I hate ball parties. I always being a political subject"

..........................

Two men came to the prince. Both of them are neatly dressed with blowback hairstyles. Some have a banjang mustache and look older than 57 years old and the other has a smooth face like a 20-year-old youth.