Out of Hell

Between Two Souls, Chapter 5

The dance hall went silent. All invited guests face the wide and circular staircase, allowing the wide middle one to be the exclusive dance venue for the prince and his attendants to dance.

A waiter came beside the stairs.

"Gentlemen and Madams. In the name of the great king Ares, the sacred dance that became a tradition began. Welcome to the honorable kings and queens of Arestiana, King Arthur and Queen Sophie!"

The trumpets were blown to make the atmosphere even more magnificent. The Giant Door opened. Fragrant flowers were thrown to greet them. They began to descend the stairs slowly to the rhythm.

They stopped in the middle of the stairs. Queen Sophie removed her hand from the king. All the guests there were fascinated by the king's gallantry. King Arthur came forward to start the event.

"My brothers and sisters of the royal family. The family on the sacred promise of our great king, King Ares. A family that has always been by my side. This special night will begin with the prince choosing his partner to the dance party."

Prince Adrien walked out of the magnificent door. A majestic trumpet was once again sounded to welcome him. But this time is different. One room became silent, until only the prince's footsteps were heard. He walked slowly down the stairs.

Adrien looked around, looking for his friend from that school.

"Vino, where are you?" Adrien only saw Erika. Erika nodded in a gesture to Adrien.

...........................

Adrien continued to go down the stairs, he looked around but did not find Vino. Almost to the bottom, Adrien looked at the shabby dressed girl. The girl kept looking down. Adrien who felt strange slowly approached him.

Adrien continued to walk past the girls in front of him one by one. They regret that a was not chosen. After arriving, all the guests there were surprised. The prince chooses the one with the worst clothes.

"Hello, excuse me, girl. Why are you so shy?" Adrien asked while holding the girl's shoulder.

The girl was just silent......

Adrien saw in the place that the girl's face was not covered with dried animal feces. "Something is wrong with you, come with me"

Adrien took the girl to the park. He immediately looked for a water source to clean the girl. Until they are in the garden pool. Adrien immediately washed the girl, cleaning the dirt off her face.

The girl's face was clean. The girl took off the rope that tied her ears. With embarrassment, the girl turned to Adrien's face. It looks like a cute face with bright skin with big green eyes with long ears. It was Vino, the elf who became Adrien's friend during school.

"What?... Vino??? What happened to you?"

Vino just kept quiet.

"I mistook this for a trivial thing, it turned out to be worse. Are you okay Vino?" Adrien became very worried, maybe what Erika said was only a small part of Vino's suffering.

"Come with me to your family, there is something to explain!"

...........................

Adrien held Vino's hand. With an angry face he was ready to face anyone in the room, even if it was the royal family. Adrien headed to the middle of the room.

"No way!"

"That's an elf? The prince wants to marry that thing?"

"What the hell is this? Many people died because of the poison they carried, but my future royal family married him instead?