Middleverse

In high school, the teenage members of the X-men sat at a table outside.

"Should I go to Duncan Matthews' party? I don't think so." Said Scott.

"Are you going to finish your carton of milk?" Asked Evan.

"You can have mine." Said Jean, handing hers to Evan before speaking to Scott. "Come on, it might be fun."

"Matthews is a jerk." Scott retorted.

"Totally agree." Deker added.

"I'll be damned. I'd go." Said Kitty.

"Freshmen aren't allowed." Revealed Scott.

"Oh, Matthews is a jerk." She retorted, making Deker laugh.

"Half the school will be there. What if we stick Kurt too close? Even with the holo-projector, they'll smell his fur." Scott added.

"Hey, girls love hairy men." Kurt said before Kitty. "Right?"

"I'm, like, out of here." Said Kitty before getting up and leaving.

"Oh, yeah. She's crazy about me." Said he.

"If you say so, buddy." Laughs Deker.

"I wasn't saying that as a joke. And if Duke or Maximoff are looking for us at Matthews' party.... There are other mutants at school, you know?" Said Scott.

"Yeah, just the cool ones." Says Evan of high-fiving Kurt.

"Hey, come on, Scott. There's no harm in socializing a little? Right Deker?" Says Jean.

"Huh? Oh, don't get me involved." Deker declared.

"No really, what do you think, Deker?" Scott asked, causing Jean to sigh.

"Well, if you must know. I think if Kurt wants to go, then let him go. We're only teenagers once, so why not live in the moment and have fun."

"I'm sorry, but I don't think that's a good idea." Scott sighed.

"Dude, it's just a party. Time to wag your tail." Said Kurt before jumping on the table and starting to dance, his tail then appearing.

"Hey, watch the tail." Says Scott, grabbing his tail to pull him off the table and back to his seat. "See? And that's exactly what I'm talking about."

"You pulled my tail!"

"Grow up, Kurt." Scott retorted.

"Hey, relax." Kurt said, facing him.

"You're always doing something stupid." Scott retorted.

"You always have to play the killjoy, that's no better." Kurt retorted.

"Listen." Scott said.

"No, you listen. There's a sound I want you to hear. And it's..."

Deker laid his hand on Kurt's shoulder.

"Kurt wait..."

But Kurt beamed with Deker accompanying him, having his hand on his shoulder.

"I've ruined everything, haven't I?" Scott asked.

"Oh, yeah." Jean replied.

"Yep." Added Evan.

------------------------------------------------

Rogue sat under a tree reading a book about Dracula. Then she heard a poof and looked around.

"Huh?" She said before sniffing the air. "Yuck!"