Speed & Spyke

The scene took place during a basketball game between a team in blue and one in red. People can be heard cheering. Number 21 was holding the basketball and advancing down the court.

"Good, keep it up. Keep them at a distance!" Said the coach of the blue team.

The game score was 81-82 at the 4th with 35 seconds left in the game.

"Daniels, over here." Said one of his teammates.

Daniels passed the ball to number 32, who attempted a lay-up. The ball doesn't go through.

The visiting team recovered the ball and began to advance down the court with it. We then see Storm watching the game.

"Take the ball from them! Don't let them score!" Said Daniels' father, who was standing next to Storm.

"Is it always this exciting?" Asked Storm.

"No. But this match is very important." Daniels' father replied with 12 seconds left in the match.

The visiting team tried to pass the ball, but number 32 was quick on his feet. He stole the ball from the opposing team and began to run down the pitch.

"We've got ten seconds. Pietro, Daniels is in position. Come on!" shouted the coach.

Number 32 quickly passes the ball to an open Daniels and he begins to make a break for the hoop.

"You can do it, Evan! Score the basket!" Storm shouted.

Evan shot the ball and at the same time got pushed around. And just as he was about to hit the ground, spikes shot out of his arm, shocking Storm. The ball still went in as time ran out and the score was now 83-82, meaning that the home team had won the game.

The crowd goes crazy. Evan looked down at his arm and saw the spikes. He quickly used his other hand to cover the spikes so no one could see them. Evan's teammates approached and began celebrating victory with him. They lifted him into the air. Evan then looked down at his arm to see that the spikes were gone. He then began to applaud with his team-mates. Everyone in the team seemed happy to have won, except number 32, who had his arms crossed and wasn't as happy as they were.

------------------------------------------------

In the boys' locker room, Evan was putting his things away in a bag. After the last two people had left after telling him he'd done well and played well, it was just him and number 32 left in the locker room.

"I should have known you'd hog all the glory." Said number 32.

"What are you talking about, Pietro? Everybody knows..." Evan tried to say.

"If I hadn't been there, you wouldn't have scored that basket. I'd have had to shoot it myself." Pietro retorted as Storm was about to enter the locker room, but stayed behind a wall overhearing the conversation.

"Hey, that was a great pass, man. But there's no way you could have made it across the field in time to shoot." Said Evan, trying to be reasonable and calm Pietro down.

"Listen man!" Said Pietro, banging his fist on the locker before moving very quickly behind Evan. "I'm reaching unimaginable speeds. And I'm tired of holding back just to make guys like you look good."

Pietro pulled away, but not before colliding with Evan. Now alone with Evan, Storm was finally able to make her presence felt and talk to him.

"It seems like you and that boy have been competing forever." She said.

"Hi, Aunt Ororo. How are ya? Where's Mom and Dad?"

"They're waiting outside. Your mother doesn't like to come into the boys' locker room." Storm smiled.