Shadowed Past

As night fell, in Rogue and Kitty's room, Rogue was talking on the phone with someone.

"Yes, I know. Thanks for lending it to me. I loved it. Especially when he becomes a werewolf and no one suspected. I'll leave you to it. I've got three exams tomorrow." She said before hanging up and placing her phone on her bedside table, switching off the light and falling asleep.

Some time passed and Rogue tossed and turned in her sleep as if she were having a nightmare.

------------------------------------------------

The first things he heard in his dream were thunder and the howling of some wolves. Then, inside the castle, there was some kind of laboratory. A familiar woman's voice was heard.

"Monster! What have you done to her?!"

The woman to whom the voice belonged ran through the castle and came out with a baby in her arms. The voice of a man, revealed to be Magneto, chasing her was heard.

"Come back at once!"

The woman ran into the woods, and a pack of wolves began to pursue her. After running for a while, she came to a wooded bridge. But before she could cross it, the wolves caught up with her and bit her cape.

Magneto also appeared and stood by watching Mystique do her best to fight the wolves with one hand while she had a baby in the other. But it was too much, for one of the wolves pushed her backwards while she had the baby above her head. And because she was pushed, the baby fell out of her hands and into the river below.

"NO!" the woman shouted, reaching for her baby, revealing Mystique's face beneath her hood.

------------------------------------------------

Rogue then woke up screaming.

Knocks on Rogue and Kitty's door were heard before it was opened by Deker. He could see Rogue sitting up in bed with Kitty watching her.

"Rogue? I heard screams. Is everything all right?" He asked.

"I don't know. I was dreaming. I was dreaming... some kind of horrible nightmare."

As Rogue spoke, Deker walked over to her bed and sat down beside her. Deker began rubbing her back in an attempt to comfort her. Jean and Scott also arrived.

"There were terrible images." She said.

"Yeah. Her screams totally freaked me out. I almost fell through the bed." Kitty confirmed.

"Wow. Exams must really weigh on you." Said Scott.

"This isn't the first time. I've had this dream before... when I moved in with you." Rogue explained before Evan and Kurt entered.

"Oh! What's the matter? Are you okay?" Evan asked.

"Rogue's having scary nightmares." Kitty explained.

"Wow. About what?" Kurt asked.

"I'm not sure. There's a... a castle and wolves. Oh, the poor baby. I didn't really see his face, but I feel like..." she said before looking at Kurt. To know him somehow."

"What? Why are you looking at me like that? What's wrong?" He asked.

"It was you!"

"What do you mean?"

"Somehow, I just know it was you, Kurt!" Rogue replied.

"What are you talking about." Kurt asked.

"In the dream, there was a baby crying. Someone, a woman, I think, I didn't really see her face, was running, and she- The baby was thrown into the river."