-airbnb-

⊱ ─── ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ ─── ⊰

Date — 10/22/2019 || 10:24am

As soon as we arrived at the Airbnb, the owner came out to greet us. He was a friendly older man who quickly went over a few basic rules of the place—no loud noises after 10 PM, keep the doors locked when we're out, and no smoking indoors. He handed us the key with a warm smile, clearly happy to have us as guests.

Katsuki, however, was already tapping his foot impatiently. He didn't even try to hide his annoyance as the owner spoke, clearly just wanting to get inside and unpack.

Once the owner wrapped up his speech, he waved us off with a final "enjoy your stay," and left. The house was a cozy 1 floor home that had a good view of the beach outside.

The moment he was out of sight, Katsuki was already making a beeline for the door.

"This is nice, Mina! You picked a good place!" I said, stepping inside and taking a look around.

Mina practically glowed at the compliment, her eyes twinkling with pride. "Right? I knew this place would be perfect for us!"

Kirishima followed closely behind, nodding in agreement as he took in the cozy ambiance. "Yeah, this is awesome. Hey, Bakugo! You gotta come check out the view from the balcony!"

Katsuki, already halfway to his room with his bags in hand, shot Kirishima a sharp glance. "I don't care about the damn view," he grumbled, clearly uninterested as he continued to his room.

"What a baby..." I teased, a playful grin on my face.

Mina and Kirishima snickered, finding it hilarious how easily Katsuki could get riled up.

Katsuki halted mid-step and turned to glare at me, his eyes narrowing. "Shut up. I'm not a baby," he snapped, though his voice lacked its usual bite.

"Oh come on, man," Kirishima said, still chuckling. "Don't be so grumpy. You really gotta see this. It's awesome!"

Katsuki let out an exasperated sigh, clearly annoyed by Kirishima's persistence. "Fine, fine. I'll look at the stupid view. Happy now?" he muttered, dropping his bags and stomping towards the balcony, walking extremely slow.

When I noticed how slowly he was moving, I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I grabbed him by the arm and pulled him along with me. "Come on, Kats! Stop dragging your feet."

Before he could protest, we reached the balcony, and the sight before us was breathtaking. The morning sun was just beginning to peek over the horizon, casting a warm, golden glow over the beach. The waves lapped gently against the shore, and the sound of the ocean was soothing, creating the perfect serene atmosphere.

Mina and Kirishima were both captivated by the sight. They quickly pulled out their phones to snap pictures, gushing over how beautiful everything was.

I was awestruck as we took in the stunning view. "It's so pretty, right Kats?" I asked softly, not taking my eyes off the horizon.

Katsuki, on the other hand, muttered a quiet "yeah," but something in his tone was different. As I continued to admire the view, he found his eyes drifting to me instead. He watched me, taking in the calm expression on my face, the way the light from the sun reflected in my eyes.

His heart skipped a beat, and he quickly turned away, feeling a strange warmth in his chest that he didn't quite understand. What was wrong with him? He shook his head and looked out at the sea, trying to refocus his thoughts.

After a few more minutes of soaking in the view, we decided it was time to get something to eat.

We headed to the kitchen and began prepping lunch, chatting and laughing as we went. Katsuki, despite his earlier grumpiness, helped out too, though every now and then I caught him sneaking glances at me. He tried to act like he wasn't paying attention, but the soft smile on his face gave him away.