Unexpected

Kartika' POV

I was frantically stirring the pot, eyes fixed on the clock tickling away. "Almost done, just 10 more minutes!" I exclaimed, voice with a hint of desperation.

Ever since I had an encounter with that dumbass I was on the grumpy cat mood. Who fights like that and moreover the car scratch I did was a mistake but that handsome bastard did it intentionally with my Activa. I am just praying to God I won't see him again otherwise I even don't know what will I do with him.

A bumped on my shoulder made me out from my thoughts and I looked beside me to seen Viraaj Bhai with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Are look who is cooking? Sab bhago, khana karab hone wala hai! What's the special dish? Maggie ?"He teased.

"Shut up!! Maggie to aapka gujara hai. I know how to cook. You know, I am making Chole bhature, Butter panner, Naan, Rajma-chawal and for dessert Gajar ka halwa. So, keep your fingers crossed." I rolled my eyes at his remarks.

"Wah, matlab Puri tayari chal rhi h guest ko Marne ki huh"

"What the? Maaaa dekho na Vihaan Bhai tang kar rhe hai hume" I gasped before shouting loudly.

"Are what did I do? I am saving people to die by your hand." He shrugged his shoulders.

I crossed my arms. "To abhi tak aap jinda kese hai?"

"Kyuki bhagwan ne sirf mujhe hi ye sakti di hai tere se ladne ki, har kisi ki baat nahi ye" He grinned and I looked at him done face.

As I about to say something, maa walked into the kitchen, " kya ho rha hai yaha or tu kya kar rha hai yaha?"

"Maa, tell him to stop teasing me! I am trying to cook here!"

"Maa she is lying. I was just helping her." He said innocently while looking at maa.

Maa strode over to Vihaan, a twinkle in her eyes, twisted his ears"Chup kar khotya sab pata hai mainu tu kinni help kar sakta hai"

[Shut up!! I know how you help]

"Oww maa!! Dard ho rha hai" He whined and I giggled.

"Chal Jaa ab koi or kaam dekh" She nogged him.

"Jata hu mein, kisi ko mere upar taras nahi aata" He signed and left.

Dramatic ass!!

"Maa di or Tanya kaha hai" I asked garnishing the halwa with chopped dry fruits. It was finally ready.

"Teri Di ko hospital se urgent call aaya to use Jana pad Gaya kuch case ke liye or Tanya yahi kahi hogi" Maa came while checking everything properly.

"Sab ready hai maa" I assured her with a smile.

She cupped my cheeks and smiled with affection." Mera baacha agar ho to mujhe koi chinta hi nahi hai"

"Maa" I hugged her tightly, feeling a surge of emotions overwhelm me.Tears
prick at the corners of my eyes as I hold her tight, feeling the warmth of her embrace.I think about all the times Mom has been there for me, through every up and down, every triumph and every struggle. She's been my rock, my confidante, my guiding light. She's shown me what it means to be loved unconditionally, to be accepted for who I am. If I would say noone would be more lucky than me trust me I meant it. I would never get the love of mother but this lady shown me that mother-daughter relationship is not always about blood related but some are from heart and soul related.

As I hug her, I feel a deep sense of gratitude and love. I'm grateful for the sacrifices she's made for me, for the late nights and early mornings, for the countless times she's put my needs before her own.