Chapter 6: Conversations

We were stuck in traffic on the way home.

I refused coffee, because then it would be not possible for me to sit at the table opposite her, being under the gun of green eyes. Her 'excursion' left an emotional impression on me. As soon as her soft fingers touched my knees, I was gone. That sharp, slightly rude brunette who diligently followed the contract was gone. I dissolved under her passionate pressure, feeling light gentle touches with every cell, without the strength or ability to resist the flow of events. And she, she did everything so boldly and confidently, it seemed, not for a second doubting her impulse, confidently mastering the necessary information and using it without a twinge of conscience.

She played with my emotions, my body's reaction to her touch, just trying to relieve the boredom that was caused by me, me, holding her under control, controlling her every step. Was she taking revenge on me in this way? Maybe.

And now, being in the same car with her, I tried to climb into my shell again, trying to hide the emerging excitement, but was this necessary if she had already read me, or was she still bluffing?

"Have you looked at the schedule for tomorrow?"

"Not yet, I'll take a look now" the girl takes a crumpled sheet of paper out of her bag and straightens it out, "Damn it, tomorrow is a seminar on modern architecture."

"Yes? And what?"

"And the fact that I'm performing, and it was you who advised me to do this, the score is automatic and all that."

I look at her with round eyes in surprise, to which she begins to vigorously snap her fingers next to them.

"Hey, are you even here? Come back, where are you flying?"

"Yes, I am here, I just don't remember."

" Well, holy shit. Amnesia? Just don't say that I'm to blame" there's a sly smile on her face, "But in general, this doesn't make me feel any better, stay and write me a report, you're our pro."

"Hmm, you have a lot of nerve. I'll stay and write, since I suggested it" she smiled triumphantly and gently patted me on the leg as a sign of gratitude.

"So, just let's do without these tricks of yours" she even furrowed her eyebrows for greater persuasiveness.

"As you say, I won't hide rabbits in hats" she laughs.

"Very funny, you know what I mean."

"I know, about your shaking knees?" the voice is feignedly languid.

"About my quiet knees" I correct, "And your unbridled sexual fantasies."

We drove up, went up to the penthouse, Jane met us at the threshold, smiling good-naturedly, and invited us to the table.

"Thank you very much, but I'm not hungry" Becky looked at me incredulously.

"Okay, go to my room, I'll be there in a minute" she ran towards the kitchen.

I obediently went inside, the room was clean, only the so-called creative chaos reigned on the table, there was almost no free space, stacks of books, a tablet, many different magazines, everything was mixed up, creating chaos, without thinking for a long time, I decided to free up a little for us places, putting everything in neat piles.

When I moved the tablet, it activated, showing me a photograph that served as a screensaver - Becky in the arms of a beautiful girl, laughing, not posing at all for the photographer, who seemed to have quietly captured a small piece of someone else's happiness. The photo was so vivid that I couldn't take my eyes off it and, only when I heard footsteps, I put the tablet down on the table.