CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Jeedarh POV

Three weeks have passed, and there's only one week left until the wedding. I'm exhausted from all the preparations - can't they just keep it simple? A small, intimate nikkah ceremony would be perfect, but no, that's not possible. Our relatives have already arrived, and the house is chaotic. I'm waiting for Ash to pick me up so I can head to Nabeelah's house for the next three days. The bridal shower is tomorrow, and I still need to get my henna done today.

Just as I'm about to call Ash, he rings me. "Baby, I'm outside already," he says. I quickly grab my bags, kiss my mom goodbye, and head out to meet him. Walida wants to come with me, but I tell her to stay and help mom with some things.

When I get into the car, Ash looks tired, wearing sweatpants and a black shirt with a face cap. "How's your day going?" he asks, and I roll my eyes. "Seriously, Ash, stop asking the obvious. I'm so tired, can't they just make it simple?" I pout.

Ash reminds me that as the firstborn, our wedding can't be simple. I sigh, knowing he's right. He asks if I've eaten, and I admit I haven't had a chance. He gets upset, telling me to go inside while he gets me something to eat. That's when I realize we've arrived at Nabeelah's place.

Inside, I'm greeted with warm hugs from Nabeelah and her mom, who look so much alike. Zahra exclaims, "Our beautiful bride is here!" making me blush. We chat about Ash, and Nabeelah mentions they've prepared food for me, but Ash insisted on getting me something to eat. We decide to start the henna application, and I change into another outfit to protect my dress.

I've been sitting here for 30 minutes, surrounded by henna stains and half-finished designs. Ash is still nowhere to be found, and I'm starting to get worried. I've already completed one hand and am almost done with the second - only my legs are left to go. Just as I'm about to call Ash to ask where he is, Zahradin walks in holding a nylon bag, raising my eyebrow in curiosity.

He explains that Ash was called into the office unexpectedly, and that's why he's running late. Zahra follows Zahradin out of the room, leaving me to finish my henna application alone. Once I'm done, I wash my hands and serve myself some food, making sure to save some for the henna artist, Nabeelah, since Zahra and the others are already full.

With everything ready, including my dress, I change into comfortable pajamas with the girls and snuggle into each other's arms on the bed. I'm going to miss them so much - they're my other halves, my partners in crime. As I drift off to sleep, I feel grateful for these moments with my friends.