ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡. 𝟡 - 𝕁𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕪

February 2007, Seattle
POV Jeremy Fournier

I shouldn't have been to Forks. I wanted to tell them everything to save their lives. I just realized that I putted mine in big danger.

We had a meeting, that PM. I didn't forget about it — how could a vampire forget anything? — but I just didn't think about it. It was at 1:00 PM. I looked at my watch; it was 1:32 PM. 32 minutes late. Camilla would kill me.

I couldn't act like I forgot, because a vampire can't forget anything. I'd have to build up an alibi, and in short time. The abandoned library where we habitually met was two minutes away, running.

I opened the door I wanted it to be the more silencious possible, but the door creaked very loud. Everyone turned their head to me.

“Where were you, Jeremy? You are late. You know how I hate when people are late.”

“I know, I just... went hunting a little too far. I was near the south of Canada. Forgive me, please. I just didn't want any more suspicions in Seattle. All the murders are on TV, and I'm sure the Cullens will hear about it soon.”

“Hum...” said Camilla. “Your alibi seems credible. Just join the meeting, please. I was teaching the others how to make distractions.”

I was reassured that Camilla believed me. I would be floating right now if she didn't believe me, or worst: dead. I only hoped she wouldn't find out what I was really doing before joining the meeting.

I didn't really listen to her explanations. I was only thinking about what I just did : going to see the enemies and warning them about our plans. Should I have made that? Probably not. Do I regret it? No. I saved people from death. These people have a good heart. They didn't ask for all those fights. Carlisle, the head of the Cullen clan, told me all they went through. It was intense. We should really give them a break. They didn't even have a year of peace! Could we give them that? No! Camilla arrived with her plan and ruined their lives again.

Yes, I made the right decision by going warning them.

They couldn't stop Camilla from getting her revenge, that was for sure. The only thing they could do was being prepared. I will make sure they would be. But, when the fight will come, I will be in Camilla's team. Maybe the Cullen family won't kill me, maybe they will. It'll be their choice.

The meeting finished and we all got out, me faster than the others. I didn't want Camilla to question me again about where I was an hour ago.

I walked in the city of Seattle after putting on black contacts. Fortunately, it was not a sunny day because if it was, I wouldn't be able to walk around freely. I only saw one time what happened when the light of the sun got on our skin. It shined. No vampire could walk in the streets when it was sunny, at least normally.

I loved walking freely in the streets. It felt good, it felt human. I loved feeling human.

That was when I first saw her.

A girl I would say between 20-22 years old, copper skin, about 5'10", black short hair, brown eyes. She had a kind of severe look. Most people would think that was ugly, but I found it attractive.

I was about to take a step to go talk to her, but a voice stopped me in my head.

A human? Seriously? Are you dumb? You eat humans, you drink their blood! You don't find them pretty or anything else! They're food!

It was not wrong. What was I doing? But the girl was walking away. It was my chance. Voice or not, I was going.

As I walked towards her, I noticed that she abnormally stinked. A part of me wanted to step away — who wanted to be with someone who really stinked? —, but I continued to walk. It was like I couldn't stop. Well, there was no chance I could drink her blood. It had a special odor, like an animal's. Disgusting.

As I approached her, she turned up her nose, as if I stinked too. Surprised, I finally got beside her. She stopped.

“What do you want?” she said in an angry tone.

I was surprised by her hard tone, but that didn't stop me.

“What's up?” I simply said.

“Why are you asking me what's up? I don't even know you. Have a good day.” she said before she tried to walk away.

I went in front of her to stop her.

“What's your name, beautiful?”

“My name is mind your own business.”

“Woah! Why are you so rude? I'm Jeremy, by the way. Call me Je.”

“Fine, Je. I'm Leah.”

“What a beautiful name! Do you mind talking someone more... Private?”

I surely didn't want to drink her blood – its scent was so disgusting that I wouldn't even taste it —, but the road was so bonded that we couldn't have a private moment. Everyone was hearing us, if they weren't listening.

“Okay...” she seemed uncomfortable.

We went to a little park where a few kids were playing, their parents watching them carefully in case they fell or hurt themselves.

“Listen, mister vampire.” she started before I could even open my mouth. Now, I was so surprised that it almost dropped to the floor. “I don't know what do you want to me, but I can tell you I'm not going to let you drink my blood without doing anything. You might not know what I am.”

I started thinking how could she have discovered. Crap, the contacts!

I looked at my reflection in her eyes. My contacts were still on. I was so dumb! My view would have stopped being blurred if the contacts were dissiped! Was I only dumb around this girl or was I like this normally?

“How do you know about it?” I asked Leah, very curious.

“Your smell. Vampires do really stink.”

“Hum... Thanks?”

I laughed, but alone. Leah didn't laugh. She was serious, as she was since we started talking.

I had a feeling we'll be great friends.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Hello!

First introduction of Jeremy! I liked this chapter in his point of view, even though it hasn't as much detail as I wanted it to be. But he met Leah! She really was in Seattle. What do you think will happen between these two?

I want your opinion about this chapter. Did you like it? I want to know!

Thank you so much for reading this story!!

-Milie

QOTC (Question Of The Chapter) : Who is your favorite character in this story? My favorite of Stephenie's characters is Alice and my favorite of my characters is Jeremy!