thirty-one

"Fuck, you're so adorable."

Taehyung felt his cheeks burnt in embarrassment. He had no idea if Jungkook's only messing around but when he studied his visual; irises dilating while matching his gaze with his and cheeks burning in pink, he thought he only said it out of instinct. He swallowed again. The lump in his throat was frequently blocking his airway that he had to gulp. The air became warmer and he felt like sweating for a sudden.

"I-I gotta go. I need to sleep— you need to sleep. We both have to wake early tomorrow— I-I mean, later. It's pass midnight already," he stuttered and quickly walked away.

Jungkook heard a click from the knob again and he couldn't help but smile like a crazy. God, Kim Taehyung was flustered! He didn't know he could stutter and felt uneasy when he was always blank and assertive. His eyes laid close, but he couldn't erase the other's flustered visual in his head, and up until he sleeps, he was smiling like an idiot.

Taehyung immediately went to bed and wrapped himself with a comforter, but not long after, he took it off and breathed as he still could feel his cheeks heating up. He placed both of his palms to his cheeks to feel its warmth and lightly slapped them as if it would lessen the redness of it.

"Taehyung, what happened to you?! Did you just stutter? Really? Why?!" He grumbled to himself. He kicked the air and silently shouted, "And does he have to scare me like that? He was about to give me a heart attack!"

He breathed again and clutched his heart. "It was about to explode earlier," he whispered and grumbled again. "God, he's still such a brat!" Thereafter, he had no idea when he fell asleep.

The next morning, when he wakes up, Jungkook already left. He realized that Yeojin woke up earlier than him and saw her watching some show on TV while eating bread and drinking a glass of hot milk. Taehyung walked to the kitchen to prepare his breakfast but he saw a plate of toasted bread on the table.

His brows arched and murmured, "Yeojin toasted all of these breads?"

He made a coffee and grabbed a couple of those toasted bread for himself and decided to join Yeojin for a moment. He interrupted her with a question as he sat, "You prepared the breakfast?"

Yeojin riveted her attention to her brother, her cheeks puffing while eating the loaf of bread. "I did make my own milk, but I thought it was you who toasted the whole pastry," she responded. Taehyung only nodded in response and immediately concluded it was Jungkook who made them all.

Yeojin added, "Did someone slept over here on the couch?" She tilted her head. "I had to fix the comforter myself and bring it back to the room. There were also two pillows left here as well. No wonder why the bed felt empty."

Taehyung remembered that the room's door was locked, so Jungkook probably had no choice but to leave them here. He replied to her, "Ah, Jungkook was here. He slept over."

The young girl's eyes enlarged and her lips fell apart. "Kookie was here?! Why didn't you wake me up? I wanted to see him!"

"It was late already, we don't want to interrupt your sleep. Besides, he had to go early," Taehyung explained to her, bringing out a pout on her lips. When he checked his phone, he realized that Jungkook had sent him a message.

Jk

i made sumn toasted bread for both of u and Yeojin
idk how many should I make so I toasted the whole pack of slices hehe hope ya like it
and ur welcum ;)
seen.

*welcome. Sorry typo hehe
seen.

Taehyung sighed, reading the message. He scrolled down and saw he sent another message just now.