Chapter 4 Charles, I'm Dying

Caroline Richardson's lips turned pale as she spoke a string of words, her body feeling a bit strained.

Mechanically, she tidied her clothes.

"Charles Chapman, we could have ended this marriage peacefully. Since you don't want that, I'll have to sue you. See you in court."

Caroline was so stubborn! Even after being bullied, she would only shed a couple of tears before returning to normal.

Charles, for the first time, didn't know how to break her down.

It is said that pain teaches you not to make the same mistake twice.

Caroline now dared to defy him, probably because she had the Richardson Group backing her.

Without the Richardson Group, what would she do then?

Originally, he didn't care about acquiring the Richardson Group.

But now, he thought that the sooner he took it over and bankrupted the Richardson family, the sooner Caroline would listen to him.

Charles justified his possessiveness by saying he hated Caroline.

He didn't want to divorce her simply because he didn't want to give her what she wanted.

"Why are you so stubborn!" Charles said, grabbing Caroline's hand and pulling her up roughly.

She felt as light as a feather in his arms, not at all like a woman who should weigh more at her height of 168 cm.

Caught off guard, Caroline protested, "Let me go! I can walk by myself!"

The man ignored her and tightened his grip around her waist, striding towards the bedroom.

Caroline bowed her head, biting her lips, her hands clenched into fists.

Charles opened a drawer filled with various things, his eyes casually glancing over a glass bottle of pills without paying much attention.

"You look fine to me. You'll stay here for three days."

The cold, emotionless words made Caroline shudder.

She looked at him in disbelief.

"Three days? What do you mean?"

Charles wasn't just saying it to scare her.

His dark eyes glanced at her before he turned and walked out.

Ignoring the pain, Caroline rolled off the bed, hurriedly getting up to chase after Charles.

However, how could her severely ill body keep up with Charles?

The door slammed shut with a bang, making the whole wall seem to shake.

Caroline felt like she had plunged into icy cold water, her pores contracting. She couldn't help but shiver, her clear eyes misting up even more.

Outside, Charles stared sharply at the closed door, as if he could see Caroline's face through it.

He sneered.

He was determined to make her remember this.

Caroline suddenly felt very scared.

She was afraid he would just leave her like this.

She pounded on the door, unsure if Charles could hear her through the soundproofing.

"Charles, I'll die..."

"Charles, I'm dying..."

"I'm really dying..."