Chapter 3 Charles's Fury

Caroline Richardson had seen Charles Chapman angry before, but he always seemed so cold and indifferent, even when he was mad.

Seeing him this furious was something she had never imagined.

Why was Charles so angry?

Was it because of the divorce?

Or did he think she was cheating?

Charles didn't answer her.

He slumped onto the sofa, his eyes glancing sideways at Caroline.

With her red eyes, she looked a bit pitiful, like a frightened rabbit.

"Why are you suddenly asking for a divorce?"

Judging by his attitude and tone, anyone would think she was the one at fault.

Caroline almost laughed out of frustration.

She struggled to sit up and said, "Charles, isn't it you who always wanted a divorce? You wanted to be with Gianna Griffith openly, right? Now I'm giving you what you want, and you look like you don't want it."

"I asked why you want a divorce!" Charles repeated, his tone more intense.

"And why not? I'm tired of this, I don't like you anymore. Is that enough?"

Maybe it was because she had cried earlier, Caroline's eyes were bloodshot and frightening.

She stared at Charles fearlessly, as if trying to see through him and find out what his heart was made of.

How could she warm it up for four years and still get no response?

Caroline laughed at herself. "If those reasons aren't enough, then think whatever you want."

Whatever he thought—what could it be?

He just suspected Caroline of cheating!

Otherwise, how could she suddenly stop loving him?

Charles didn't care much for her feelings, but he knew how much she loved him.

Now, hearing her say she didn't anymore made him feel empty, like he had lost something.

Charles's gaze grew darker, and his anger flared up again. His eyes turned red.

"Caroline, it seems you had many men while I was away. Divorce is just an excuse; you just want to be with someone else. I bet that lawyer who came today is one of them."

Charles looked down at her, saying hurtful things.

Caroline felt sick to her stomach from his menacing presence.

She was gentle by nature but not a pushover!

Charles's words made her chest feel like it was about to explode.

"You're right. And then what?" Caroline sneered through gritted teeth.

"You can have lovers, but I can't?"

"Say that again if you dare!"

Caroline closed her eyes. She didn't want to waste any more of her life on Charles.

"Charles, four years is long enough. I don't have another four years to waste on you. I can't wait any longer."

Her words sounded like those of someone about to die.

Charles didn't get it and, after a moment, scoffed, "You think you can just leave and be happy with your men? Caroline, you forced me to marry you. Do you think getting a divorce will be that easy?"

Forced you? Wasn't it you who schemed to come to me?

Caroline found it funny. "Don't worry, I'll give you a share of the divorce property. You won't lose out."

He wasn't interested in her divorce property at all.

The Chapman Group's daily profits were much higher than those of the Richardson Group.

Even if Caroline handed over the entire Richardson family to him, he wouldn't care!

Moreover, Charles had always taken what he wanted by force, never needing anyone to give it to him.

He laughed coldly and moved closer to Caroline.

"What are you doing?!" Caroline knew what was coming.

Charles lowered his head and kissed her neck, biting her.

Caroline gasped, tears of pain welling up.

Charles laughed and answered, "Isn't this what you wanted? For me to stay with you?"

Caroline fought back. "Who wanted you here? I called you back to get a divorce!"

Charles didn't like hearing the word "divorce."

He silenced her with a kiss.

Caroline's tears flowed uncontrollably. She bit Charles, tasting blood in her mouth.

Charles frowned but didn't let go.

The taste of blood made Caroline feel sick. She was afraid she might vomit blood.

Charles didn't notice her discomfort.

His mind was filled with the thought that Caroline had someone else!

He was like a beast, wanting to tear this woman apart!

He had never been kind to Caroline, and her tears only made him angrier, like a demon from hell.

Compared to half a month ago, she had lost a lot of weight. Her waist was so thin it seemed like it could snap.

Even though she was emaciated, her beauty was still stunning.

Caroline was shaking from the pain in her stomach, sweating profusely as she leaned on Charles's shoulder, coughing.

A drop of blood fell from her mouth onto Charles's black suit.

He didn't notice, but Caroline, with blurred vision and trembling fingers, reached out to wipe it off.

Charles gently caressed her messy hair, then firmly gripped her chin. "Does it hurt? Still want other men?"

"..."

Caroline's eyes were wet and red, her gaze blank and hollow.

It was like she hadn't heard Charles's words.

Charles gently touched her face, his eyes deep and inscrutable, something in them fading away.

"Don't have those thoughts anymore."

"Charles Chapman, are you crazy?" Caroline asked, choking on her tears.

"Don't you love Gianna? Then divorce me and give her a proper status! Or have you fallen in love with me?"

Charles laughed mockingly.

"Caroline, I won't divorce you, only because Gianna needs your blood. Do you really think I care about you? Stop dreaming!"

Having her heart broken happened in an instant.

Caroline had once cared about this marriage. It was Charles who trampled on her 16 years of feelings, throwing her heart into the mud.

She had hesitated before, but now she just wanted to divorce Charles quickly.

She could live without him.