Chapter 9 Every Encounter Was Her Long-Planned Scheme

When Caroline Richardson walked over alone, the hesitant reporters all rushed forward, holding microphones in her face and asking sharp questions.

Caroline's small frame was caught in the crowd. She felt herself being pushed, squeezed, and pulled.

Her feverish and sick brain struggled to process the barrage of aggressive questions and glaring looks.

In this situation, she felt like she was being swallowed whole.

In the chaos, there was a sudden "thud!"

Someone's camera hit Caroline's forehead, the sharp edge leaving a small cut.

Blood trickled down her forehead into her eyes, blurring her vision with red.

The sting forced her to close her eyes, and when she reopened them, the reporters were still pressing in, oblivious to her injury.

One reporter asked a completely unrelated question.

"Ms. Richardson, we heard Mr. Chapman had a fiancée four years ago, and it was your interference that separated them. Is this true?"

The question caused an uproar.

People had speculated that Caroline and Charles Chapman had an arranged marriage with no real affection, but they didn't expect such a scandalous twist!

Caroline was actually the other woman?

Caroline wiped the blood from her forehead, forcing a bright smile at the cameras, but her eyes remained cold and slightly menacing.

Every small gesture Caroline made in front of the reporters was magnified. Not speaking meant she tacitly agreed, and smiling was seen as mockery and disrespect.

As they continued to bombard her with questions, Caroline suddenly moved to an empty space and knelt down.

Her back remained straight, as if nothing could crush her.

The reporters were stunned for a moment before the scene erupted.

The once-proud Caroline Richardson, the heiress of the Richardson family, was kneeling in front of the cameras!

Whereupon sensational headlines quickly flooded the internet:

- "Caroline Richardson Kneels to Win Back Husband, Apologizes to Ex-Fiancée."

- "Caroline Richardson Kneels in Repentance for 'Murderer' Father."

- "Richardson Heiress is the Other Woman? Kneels Publicly for Forgiveness."

...

Cameras zoomed in on her, capturing the image of her kneeling.

"Ms. Richardson, with Richardson Group facing bankruptcy, will Mr. Chapman divorce you?" another reporter asked sharply.

Flashbulbs focused on Caroline's face, trying to catch any subtle expression, but she remained impassive.

Amidst the cacophony of voices, Caroline felt an overwhelming sense of loneliness.

The encroaching darkness seemed to swallow her whole.

The sky grew darker, heavy clouds hanging low. Thunder rumbled, followed by a sudden downpour, large raindrops splattering on Caroline's nose. Her eyelashes quivered.

Seeing the rain, the cameramen quickly packed up their equipment, and the reporters scattered for cover.

Only Caroline remained kneeling in the rain.

The downpour soaked her face, and her clothes clung to her body, cold enough to seep into her bones. Even her soul seemed to shiver.

Charles stood not far behind her, watching her kneel like a puppet in the rain.