Chapter 13.

Chapter 13.

Hux was stunned at Aein's sudden absence. He was about to call her to join her for breakfast, but she instead went out in a hurry.

'Did something happened?'

He wanted to follow Aein to her unit and ask her, and on the other hand he wanted to just wait for her to come back and ask her for what happened.

Binasa ni Hux ang ibabang labi niya saka naglakad pabalik ng kusina upang takpan ang niluto niyang pagkain sana nilang dalawa ni Aein. Tumingin siya sa orasan at may oras pa siya bago ang call time ng opisina niya.

But for some reason, he didn't feel like leaving his unit.

Tinawagan ni Hux ang sekretarya niya saka nagpaalam.

"I won't be coming to the office today, so send all of the urgent documents to me via email. Don't accept any meetings and send me the minutes of meeting from yesterday."

-- Copy that sir.

Tumango si Hux saka pinatay ang tawag. Nagbihis siya ng damit na kaswal at pambahay bago bumalik sa sala ng bahay niya. The first thing he did as he sat on the couch was to open his phone to check for some emails he had not yet read and open, but he was stop by the sudden ringing of the doorbell.

Hux was not expecting any visitor nor do he know someone who will dare ring his unit's doorbell.

'Aein have her own keycard and I haven't heard anything from the boys visiting.'

Maasim ang ekspresyong tumayo si Hux mula sa pagkakaupo upang tignan at pagbuksan ang tao sa labas ng unit niya. He plan to just ignore it if it's someone he doesn't know, but unfortunately, it was someone he knew. Someone he knew terribly well.

"What?" Nakabusangot ang mukhang bungad ni Hux pagkabukas ng pinto, Mr. Gutierrez, the one behind the door, gleefully smile as if seeing Hux's distorted expression bring him joy.

"Oh? Isn't this my dearest adopted grandson?" Masayang sabi niya, kumunot naman ang noo ni Hux.

"Stop sounding as if I was the one who came to disturb you at your home," he said and stepped back so that Mr. Gutierrez, Ted, can enter.

"Well it's also been a while since I saw you in the flesh," he uttered as a response and went inside the unit feeling home. He sat on the center couch and cross his legs. There was an air of dominance and superiority exuding from him as he sat there with face filled with experience.

"Why are you here?" Hux asked straight to the point and sat on the right side of Ted. He looks serious, recognizing the tense in Ted's shrewd eyes. "Could it be because of the person you paired me up with? I've already share a dinner with her as per your wishes, you said I don't need to meet her again after that."

Hux remembered the lascivious woman he ate dinner with last time, he also remembered that she left her there because he took Aein to the hospital after seeing her lose consciousness.

'Is this about that?'

Nakangiwing sabi niya sa sarili niya, hindi naman kumibo si Ted at tinitigan lang siya. Mas lalong tumindi ang pakiramdam ni Hux na tungkol sa babae na naman ang pinunta ni Ted sa bahay niya.

In the first place, he doesn't understand why he kept pairing him up to some woman in the pretext of doing a business. Hux is only 32, he is still in his prime. He's not that old to need a partner at this time of his life.

"Grandpa, I already have someone I like so please stop setting me up--"

"You did a good job."

"Excuse me?"