Chapter 11.

Chapter 11.

"You're back." 

Sinalubong ni Aein si Hux sa sala papasok sa unit nito habang suot-suot ang apron na nakita niya sa kusina. Nakangiti siya at pawang sabik na may gustong ipakita kay Hux na kararating lang galing trabaho.

"Yeah…" Mahinang sagot ni Hux habang inaalis sa pagkabutones ang unang tatlong butones ng damit niya. Kahit halos mag-iisang linggo na si Aein na tumutuloy sa unit niya, hindi pa rin siya sanay na may bumabati sa kaniya sa tuwing umuuwi siya.

"You came home at the right time, I just finish cooking a recipe I found in one of your cook books. Come and try it." She grab his hand and pull him gently towards the kitchen that reeks the smell of herbs and spices.

Aein pick up a small bowl, put a little amount of soup in it and gave it to Hux. "Here! Try it, try it!" She said excitedly, Hux smiled and carefully took it. He ask a question before trying it.

"What's this?" Tanong niya saka marahang tinikman ang sabaw. His brows shot up as the familiar flavor covered his mouth. "Oh, this is…"

"It's Sicilian Meatball Soup. I was going through the cook book and saw it, and then I remembered we have some leftover meatballs from last time to I tried making it. How was it?"

"It's delicious," Hux finished the entire bowl and spoke. "Fantastic."

Aein smiled happily at his response, she giggled and spoke. "You must be tired from your work, let me prepare our plates and our food. You rest for now, okay?" 

Gusto sanang tumulong ni Hux ngunit pinigilan siya ni Aein at patulak na pinaupo sa stool ng kitchen counter niya kaya tahimik na lang niyang pinanood at pinagmasdan si Aein.

It's been seven days since he decided to let Aein stay with him in order to help her return to her normal condition. So far, he could clearly see that his efforts are paying off.

Not only did she look more lively then before, but she's also glowing and her weight had increase. Although she's still a bit underweight, if he continued to make sure that she eats a perfect nutritious foods right on time, it won't be too long for her to become healthy.

Habang pinagmamasdan si Aein, biglang napaisip si Hux.

"Aein, although I did insist for you to stay at my place, there is no reason for you to not go to yours anytime you feel like it." Sabi niya habang nakatingin sa dalaga, "I even gave you a spare card and the passcode in my unit so you can leave whenever you want." Ani niya nang mapansin na simula nang dalhin niya si Aein sa bahay niya ay hindi pa ito lumalabas.

Alam niya ito dahil may mga security cameras ang unit niya na konektado sa phone niya. Na-nonotify rin siya kapag may lalabas o papasok ng unit niya. So far, Aein never made an effort to go outside so he was confused.

Tumigil si Aein sa paghahanda ng kakainan nila siya mapait na nagsalita. "Well, there's nothing in my unit that is worth going back for. To be honest, I want to stay here as long as humanely possible…" Papahina ang boses na sabi niya, natigilan naman si Hux.

"B-But of course, I don't want to bother you any more than this! I know you're doing this as a concern citizen, so…" Tumalikod siya at aligagang bumalik sa ginagawa niya, tahimik naman siyang pinanood ni Hux.

The entire week, in all of the seven days that Aein was living in his unit, there couldn't be more more words to explain how good he felt that she's there with him. He's actually started to feel that his house is a home now, rather than a place to sleep and wash after and before going to work.

Never once did he feel like this since the day he moved in this place, nor did he felt this way in his previous houses. He only felt it, in this place, where Aein is.